Thread: Tom Tom One

Thanks

Default Tom Tom One

Hi, I want to increase the size ( memory) of my SD card. Can anyone advise how to successfully copy from the Tom Tom SD to another SD card. I tried copying from one to another but the Tom Tom won't recognise the new one.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jexhed View Post
    Hi, I want to increase the size ( memory) of my SD card. Can anyone advise how to successfully copy from the Tom Tom SD to another SD card. I tried copying from one to another but the Tom Tom won't recognise the new one.
    i know with Vista,you have to go into control panel to alloww all hidden files to be seen and also you have to uncheck hide protected system files,cause i had the same problem copying from a 512 sd card to a 1 gig on my nokia 6110 until i done the above.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doogle1970 View Post
    i know with Vista,you have to go into control panel to allow all hidden files to be seen and also you have to uncheck hide protected system files,cause i had the same problem copying from a 512 SD card to a 1 gig on my nokia 6110 until i done the above.
    Thats correct you need to show all hidden files as well as there might have been a few that you have missed.

Any size cards up to 4gb are suitable for use on the TomTom and that it is not a High speed SDHC card as they will not work in the TomTom. And that the SD card is formatted as fat32 using the TomTom.

Then all you need to copy all files from the original card to a folder on your hard drive. Then back over to the new card.

Thanks

Thanks guys, i'll give it a go. never thought to look for hidden files

Thanks

Yep, that worked a charm. Thanks guys for the solution.

Thanks

Default 4GB SD card with TomTom One

I have previously had probs with 4Gb SD card in my TomTom One New Edition and Version 6 maps (Aus 675.1431). Wouldn't read the SD card. No probs with 2Gb card.
    Unit is now working with Australia map 700.1491 and NZ 711.1692)
    Was the problem with the earlier trial of 4Gb SD card caused by old TT software thats been overcome by upgrading the navcore to 7.163? So 4GB card should work in tomtom one new edition with latest navcore?

2nd issue -I'm looking for balance (0.7% - I have 99.3%) of torrent for North America map 740.4217 (NorthAmerica_740.4217.zip.torrent). Would appreciate if anyone has the full 1.41GB they could connect to the torrent and continue to seed as there are about a dozen people sitting on 99.3%

Thanks

Thanks

Hi,

If you are still looking for US & Canada Maps I have a system which I purchased in USA in January this year. I can offer to upload this.

I would appreciate it if someone anyone can help me with my problem

Any and all suggestions/assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks