Hi,

recently I purchased brand new the above mentioned unit, everything is fine till I try to play a commercial dvd. Now before I get to far into, please beleive me when I tell you I literally went through my entire dvd collection and even bought some new ones before logging this problem here, I have a headache and I am completely flustered and I need someone to offer a asprin type remedy to the problem I have.

First the pictures

and

Hope it works.

Anyway, just incase you cant see or fund picture, I put any dvd in, ( by the way, its all region free setting on dvd ) Go to play it, I get sound, but all I see is black and white vertical lines. When I go to stop the dvd, for a brief second ( and thats all ) I see the dvd menu in the background before returning to the cable tv.

My cable connections -

Cable box ( scart out ) to medion dvd ( scart in )

medion ( hdmi output + audio L/R av ) to Sony PFM42v1 DVI-D + av AUDIO

It plays all recordable media just fine, including avi, homemade dvd, divx etc, cable tv and music dcs, although music cds play and I can hear the music through the tv, my understading in that the medion player has like a menu type screen, this to cannot be seen during music cd play I just get a black screen.

Please help

//////
~ 0 0
;

Stressed out