Thread: Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

Thanks

Default Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs is the third film in Fox Studios' increasingly inaccurate depiction of a kiddie-friendly global cooling phenomenon. The dinosaurs were actually wiped out during the ice age but this ought not stand in the way of utilising the perennially popular reptiles. You see, far beneath the ice sheet lies a warm, tropical environment which has allowed the dinosaurs to thrive. Quite how the sun manages to permeate the ice layer to heat this sunny subterranean environment is left unexplained and this is probably a good thing. Of course none of this really matters when the primary objective is to keep the kids entertained with movement, colour and funny voices.

The animation quality is admittedly superb albeit par for the course these days and the immersion factor inherent in the 3D incarnation of the film lifts it to a level beyond what it deserves. It's a shame though that the film is little more than a stock standard journey story for kids with a dash of perils along the way, particularly when Pixar and Dreamworks have shown that this is in no way an impediment to providing smart entertainment for adults as well.

In line with its predecessors in this franchise, Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs is undemanding, unremarkable entertainment for the kiddies which will prove a test of endurance for the accompanying adults.

6 out of 10.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to slickstu For This Useful Post:

Twoshots (05-07-09)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I when to see it last night with my 2 kids it was a hit with them

This was the first time I have see a 3D movies at the theaters I was impressed well worth while

8 -10

Just a side note I thought that all 3d glasses were red and blue the ones last night weren't

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

The red-green glasses are for tv 3D with pretty dodgy results ie lousy colour.
    At theaters these days they use polarizing glasses...much better
    This explains it a little better

Thanks

thanx m8

Thanks

have to agree..........the 3d was AWESOME.....very effective and great colour as compared to the red/blue glasses of old!