Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stuff for sale

Administrator Feedback Score 5 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Sanity - Can you please forward what info you have as I need to drop it off my info at the station tonight with the details I have..

Thanks
    You will need to contact Paul at admin@this_site.info ( sorry , if you post email addresses on here you get spam galore ). Explain the situation ( probably a good idea to send the thread link ) and ask that this information be supplied because you are making a police complaint against this person for theft of money.

Junior Member Feedback Score 0
    Thanks

still no refund
    anyone had any luck
    if some one is taking legal action can I offer back up and combine resources to get satisfaction

Banned Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Thanks

Sanity I requested that members details were provided for a member that ripped me off and you refused. Austech is providing a safe haven for scammers be protecting their identities.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    Sanity I requested that members details were provided for a member that ripped me off and you refused. Austech is providing a safe haven for scammers be protecting their identities.

Quite a story you have there. Its one that shows why I shouldnt lift a finger to assist any member in the BST section who hasnt followed the rules and wants to blame someone else for their lack of ability to follow rules and basic common sense.

Lets see....first , we have the BST rules which you agreed to when signing up. Heres a quick look at an important section of this :

1. Use of Austech's Buy Sell and Trade areas are conditional upon your agreeance that the use of our " iTrader " rating system is compulsory and all transactions must be fairly rated at completion. This offers protection to all members , whether they are buying or selling as a way of checking other members behaviour in transactions.

You havent even bothered to leave iTrader feedback in regards to this transaction. Should anyone get to deal with this person in the meantime , there is no visible problem thanks to you. If he is engaging in dishonest activity , YOU are the one assisting him because you cant even be bothered doing something that is a requirement of the rules of use of this section.

2. Austech's Buy Sell and Trading system operates on the " Buyer Beware " protocol. Simply , the onus is on the buyer to take all due care when dealing with any seller , such as asking for contact details and checking their iTrader rating before the transaction , not after.

You didnt bother to get any of this persons contact details at all obviously. YOU are providing a safe haven for scammers by protecting their identities , not Austech.

3. Austech takes no part in transactions between members. If you have a dispute with another member over a transaction , it is up to both members to resolve it. Should you suspect foul play , such as fraud , theft or otherwise , contact your local police and make a complaint with them against the offending party. As well as taking no part in your transaction , Austech cannot make a police complaint on your behalf.

That looks very straight forward to me.........done any of it ?

If you suspect a member of running fraudulant or other dishonest or illegal activities against other members , please contact
    Code:
    Removed for antispam reasons.Read the rules and you will find it
    Apparently you havent done this either. Another zip, zero, zilch effort on your behalf.

You did however make a complaint via HelpCenter , in fact I just closed it because YOU hadnt replied to it since 22/7/09 when I last relied to you.

You did also send me an email and we did have a conversation, the last part of that conversation being ME advising you the following :

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity in email to Wilfred
    I would suggest a post in the BST forum asking if any members can provide you with any information about him as from memory , I am sure he has been a member for a few years
    It looks like you havent done this either. Is there actually anything you have done ? Austech DOES NOT record peoples names, home and or business addresses, credit card details, bank account details, tax file numbers, car registrations etc. THIS IS YOUR JOB. It is up to YOU to get this persons information, this is very clearly stated in the rules.

Should this be something you cant be bothered doing , I would suggest you do not use the BST forum and go and register at Ebay where they do make you provide every little detail about yourself. As you dont abide by Austech's BST rules , it may be a better option for you.

Dont bother contacting me again about it , I have only helped people that help themselves. But in future I wont be helping anyone. If you still have a problem , take it up with admin. Then he can tell you the same thing , there isnt anything to give you other than a free email address.
    Last edited by admin; 08-08-09 at 07:28 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

ccbonline01 (15-08-09),Fernbay (08-08-09),mattwalker (08-08-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crowsss View Post
    still no refund
    anyone had any luck
    if some one is taking legal action can I offer back up and combine resources to get satisfaction

Why dont you PM the other 2 people in this thread and go from there ? Troy has already stated what he is doing. Surely its not that hard is it ?

Thanks

Dear God,

It is not a story it is the truth. You have refused to provide me with the members details on more than one occasion. Regardless of if you felt the information was relevant your refusal to provide it essentially protected him

I most certainly did post in the BST enquiring for help in finding the memebr in question and that is how I tracked him down no thanks to you and your evasive behaviour.

Thanks to those who have helped and to you Sanity well it's best I don't say it lest I bear the wrath of your all conquering power.

Senior Member Feedback Score 7 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

Dear God,

It is not a story it is the truth. You have refused to provide me with the members details on more than one occasion. Regardless of if you felt the information was relevant your refusal to provide it essentially protected him

I most certainly did post in the BST enquiring for help in finding the memebr in question and that is how I tracked him down no thanks to you and your evasive behaviour.

Thanks to those who have helped and to you Sanity well it's best I don't say it lest I bear the wrath of your all conquering power.
    in my opinion it is not up to austech to supply you with anything.
    what can they give you legally ?? a big fat zilch, and all they would have is an email address, anything else is what they have been told, and that can cause serious trouble.

you bought the stuff from whom ever you bought it from, and it is up to you to get all the details from them, the bitch between you and him has nothing to do with austech.

you seem to want to lay the blame that you got ripped on someone else.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mango For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (08-08-09)

Thanks

Sanity wrote-

Quote:
    Originally Posted by troyboy
    Sanity - Can you please forward what info you have as I need to drop it off my info at the station tonight with the details I have..

Thanks

You will need to contact Paul at admin@this_site.info ( sorry , if you post email addresses on here you get spam galore ). Explain the situation ( probably a good idea to send the thread link ) and ask that this information be supplied because you are making a police complaint against this person for theft of money.

If I was unable to gain CONFIDENTIAL information from Sanity or this site to take to Police for my own matter why should this case be any different.

I have resolved my issue and have the funds back I am merely enquiring as to how the two matters are different.

Junior Member Feedback Score 6 (100%) ozisat's Avatar
    Thanks

General rule to work with:
    First you inform Austech what your intentions are so they know what’s about to take place.
    Then only thing that Austech can do is supply any information only if it is requested by the police in building a case.
    Austech can’t supply you with any information due to the privacy act.
    Last edited by ozisat; 09-08-09 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks

Dear God,

I dont provide information , is it a bit hard to understand ? Thank you for leaving your helpdesk query about this unanswered and the email conversation unanswered. And low and behold , you did actually resolve the situation by following my suggestion !

Perhaps we can see another amazing feat such as you actually leaving feedback over this transaction ( which still isnt done ) before I remove your access to the BST area because you wont abide by the rules.

Senior Member Feedback Score 27 (100%) troyboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've just fallen off my chair.....I have a refund today....cant believe it....

For 4 weeks he has been dangling a carrot promising a refund but done nothing about it....Today....I have my money back.....

Nevertheless.....BUYER BEWARE......None of the items for sale actually exist.
    When In Doubt - Make It Into A Coffee Table.

Senior Member Feedback Score 85 (98%) urban_s0ulja's Avatar
    Thanks

ronin64 ring a bell?

Senior Member Feedback Score 7 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

yup, ronin64 = RYAN and a few other nicks

Senior Member Feedback Score 27 (100%) troyboy's Avatar
    Thanks

It did enter my mind.....that Ryan was Ronin64....He was BIG trouble in the "Ronin64" days and also a handful in the "agent_orange" days.
    When In Doubt - Make It Into A Coffee Table.

Senior Member Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
    he didn't expect you guys to be so smart at digging up informations.....lol
    Lol, I think he forgot he was on a technically orientated forum.

Member Feedback Score 0 pit5bul's Avatar
    Thanks

lol... u guys should start a private detectives business ... looks like u might be very success-full
    2.3m motorized C-band mesh , 95 cm motorized Ku dish on a DM8000HD make that IQ2 since 11/11/11
    C-band : from Telstar 10 to Intelsat 2
    Ku-band: fron NSS 6 to Intelsat 701

Senior Member Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Thanks

Well we do have people in every state and we have people who work for the government too and have access to lots of info (i've said too much already) :-)
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345