Thread: Kogan LCD TVs oppinions

Thanks

Default Kogan LCD TVs oppinions

I am looking for a bedroom LCD TV, not very big 26-32". The TV is not meant to be used as a main entertaiment unit, 1 hour a day at most it will be ON.
    The TV will be connected to my HTPC, so reasonable performance (video processing) is expected.
    And to top all of that I don't want to spend more than $800 fo it.
    I just came across Kogan LCD TVs 26 and 32" specifications. The spec looks pretty good, the only thing I've never seen the model in action.
    Can someone please share his oppinion on the TV, how they compare (visual performance wise) to well known models like Samsung R8 and Panasonic?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i got a Bogan....oops Kogan 32" LCD for the bedroom off Zazz.com.au a while ago now.
    apparently it has a Samsung panel and seems fine.
    analogue tuner gives crap picture quality, so its fed with a hi def stb and i am happy with the performance.
    other that that, havent bothered to compare it to anything else.

Thanks

Today Tonight Ran Story on them if it helps

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

My son has a Grogan err Kogan in his bedroom , its reasonable but definately needs a HD tuner or HD box.He only plays Xbox on it anyway so its not a biggy. I wouldnt rate it higher than reasonable compared to the other LCD's I have.

For what you are looking for in size and price , consider a Tevion 81cm LCD. A mate has one , it has a Samsung panel and puts out a fantastic picture with a HD box.

If it came down to Kogan or Tevion , I would be going Tevion. I also have 2 x 106 cm Tevions which I am happy with.

Thanks

Thanks guys for your replies.
    It was almost 4 months ago when I needed one . I actually managed to see one in action, couldn't fault it for the price.
    Then I found another brand from local supplier here in Melbourne - Mytac. Got myself 32" LCD 1080p compatible (not full HD) for $650. It works good for me, not as good as Samsung F8 models, but for the bedroom (sleeping pill replacement) unit it is pretty good value.
    I also do a bit of internet browsing there and have to admit that it outperforms my older 42" HD Phillips plasma set. I actually can read the content from the screen.