Thread: Tobacco Conspire 2006 (Think its a TV doco)

Thanks

Default Tobacco Conspire 2006 (Think its a TV doco)

Sorry could find no info on this @ imdb. tried "tobacco conspiracy" as well.

It runs for almost an hour, so one assumes its a TV doco
    edit: and reading the credits confirms this

Screen grabs (maybe it will help your search)

Have been thinking about quitting myself (for health reasons) but after watching this I feel it more important to do it because of corporate reasons.

really well presented, some great things that we all see and do not acknowledge.

for example, hands up who watches movies and see two things all the time

1) you see someone smoking in it (the movie star)
    2) you feel like a cigarette

well friends this is a paid advertisement by the tobacco industry to by pass the no advertising rules, to hook younger people and you guessed it, they have paid the movie company for the privilege.

I sound shocked, only because I am a little slow sometimes. I always thought the most famous actor in the film industry was the zippo lighter as he/she is in almost every film.

I honesty think that this should be watched by everyone young people, non smokers, and suckers like me.

totally recommend it.
    Last edited by z1gg33; 15-07-09 at 02:35 AM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

The Tobacco Conspiracy 2006

Discover global industry tactics through a film co-produced by the National Film Board of Canada and KUIV Productions and producer, Nadia Collot. France..

More than three years of investigating all over the world has allowed Nadia Collot to decipher the attitudes of an industry that, in spite of many prevention campaigns still expands its power at the cost of public health. Three aspects of industry behaviour are studied :

* Scientific subversion : proof of the manipulation of scientific evidence and buying of scientists to maintain controversy over the health issues related to smoking, but even more so today, related to environmental tobacco smoke.

* Ideological subversion : whether it be through clever and disguised product placements on screen or TV, creating its own biased health messages, implementing subtle and ingenious marketing tactics or using political lobbying manoeuvres, the tobacco industry has gone to unbelievable extents to do what it says it never will.

* Economic strategies : to develop as fast as possible, to infiltrate closed-market countries, to better reach the young and the poor, smuggling is one of the ways the industry has chosen to organize its international growth.

Web Page
    : or

torrent on demonoid/isohunt etc...

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

z1gg33 (15-07-09)

Thanks

Is this really a great conspiracy though? I mean the detrimental health effects of smoking have known for 50 years and the public health campaigns have been going on for just as long. As for product placement and advertising generally, well all companies do that and they all (naturally) place their products in the best possible light.