Thread: NEUROHEADSET controller to be released end of year

Thanks

Default NEUROHEADSET controller to be released end of year

Not sure I could get any reading out of this....probably give me a headache.
    Shagga

A NEUROHEADSET that allows the wearer to play videogames simply by thinking has been unveiled at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco and will go on sale later this year.

The Emotiv EPOC "brain-computer interface device" looks like a headphone strap with 14 neurosensors that branch off it like fingers. The sensors sit on the sides of the temple and top of the head.

The device can detect conscious thoughts, areas of brain activity, facial expressions and even some emotions such as frustration, shock and anger, and will cost about $US300 ($326) when it is released in late 2008.

The EPOC will ship with a range of games designed specifically for the headset, but gamers will also be able to use it with existing PC titles by mapping certain thoughts to keystroke patterns.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

used something similar at questacon in canberra a few years ago to "draw"

wasnt the easiest gadget to use, either that or i dont think well enough?

lol

interesting to see how the market takes this, personally i think it'll just be another gimmick like those rumble packs jaycar used to sell many moons ago.