Thread: Windows 7

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Default Windows 7

Windows 7 Ultimate has been cracked. The pirate milestone, reached almost three months before Windows 7 is set to hit General Availability on October 22, 2009, was achieved via OEM instant offline activation that passes Windows Genuine Advantage validation and keeps the operating system permanently activated. Previous cracks weren't as solid: while they may be working now, they can easily be disabled by Microsoft. This one won't be so easy.

Both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate can now easily be activated, according to My Digital Life. For Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic, and Windows 7 Starter, the OEM-System-Locked Preinstallation (SLP) keys haven't been leaked, so they cannot be OEM-activated yet. It won't be long before easy-to-use Windows 7 activation toolkits start appearing in the wild.

The story begins with a Windows 7 Ultimate OEM DVD ISO from Lenovo leaking to a Chinese forum. The boot.wim file was then used to retrieve the OEM-SLP product key and OEM certificate for Windows 7 Ultimate. The SLP is a procedure used by Microsoft to preactivate
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

best4less (02-08-09),mutanti (31-07-09),myf360f1 (02-08-09),osci (31-07-09),tagg (31-07-09)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

well that's surprising isnt it , just like vista and xp MS cannot protect themselves

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Thanks

If they had fair deals at a fair price they would not need to protect it.

Most people would pay $50-$100 for a full version of the top line product for home use on ALL home computers.

At the end of the day most people want to do the right thing, but find it hard to justify the $$$. You will always get those that will just steal it, but that number will go down as people can afford the product.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crypto7 For This Useful Post:

best4less (02-08-09),Fixxxer (03-08-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crypto7 View Post

Most people would pay $50-$100 for a full version of the top line product for home use on ALL home computers.

At the end of the day most people want to do the right thing, but find it hard to justify the $$$. You will always get those that will just steal it, but that number will go down as people can afford the product.
    Its a little more complicated than that. Their price strategy is set for maximum profit and not minimal piracy. Its a strategy that has made them one of the richest corporations in the world. There is always going to be a section of the market who is not going to pay, it happens in every market. If microsoft wanted to stop those so called non paying customers then they could but why waste resources trying to do that as they would only move over to the many free available operating systems anyway.

Does that make sense anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

I have to agree with crypto7 if it was $50-$100 for the OS EVEN I would pay for it LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

• The Following User Says Thank You to best4less For This Useful Post:

myf360f1 (02-08-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crypto7 View Post

I'd even upgrade my Vista for that price, as long as its not a borked version of it (e.g. the lowest version).

I think the reason why people dont buy OS is they figure they should get it free with the computer.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

• The Following User Says Thank You to roguefan99 For This Useful Post:

myf360f1 (02-08-09)

Thanks

I'm curious here, this time it seems like MS didn't even try to protect Windows 7.

But something smells fishy, it seriously can't be that easy.
    I bet when anyone tries Windows Update it'll kill the crack....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSize View Post
    I'm curious here, this time it seems like MS didn't even try to protect Windows 7.
    It's probably not that... it's just that the mechanism to create BIOS's with OEM certificates embedded is now pretty well understood. M$ *HAVE* to have a way to allow their OEM clients to easily install a version that does not have to be activated. The evil do-ers amongst us take advantage of this.

The LENOVO (used to be called IBM) OEM certificate was leaked, but my understanding is that M$ revoked that perticular certificate because no legal copies had made it out to customers yet. As soon as Windows7 hits the open market, a valid certificate will be extracted and released to the world and pirates will be dancing in the streets.

Thanks

due to ms market share of alot of computers in businesses. and how strict they are regarding software licences, microsoft doesnt really care too much for the home user who will use 1 licence, they care more about businesses.

Volume Licencing is where it's at for them. can you imagine the Education Department's microsoft bill?

staff are able to have vista business and office 2007 enterprise installed on one home computer also, im guessing the education department pays for that too?

how many state schools and staff? thats a shitload of money for MS

Thanks

Here is some interesting reading.

• The Following User Says Thank You to satboy For This Useful Post:

best4less (04-08-09)