Thread: Foxtel Cabling Issue

Thanks

Default Foxtel Cabling Issue

I live in a 9 floor Apartment Building that contains 59 Apartments and we get our FOXTEL service via Satellite, with the Body Corporate having had to pay for installation of the Backbone back in 2000.

When I converted to Digital in 2004 I was informed at that time that certain services were not available to us – FTA retransmission, FBO etc. Fair enough.

Then, in mid-December 2007, we suddenly lost CNBC (Channel 652) and the frustration began – first with the Foxtel HD telling us that “CNBC has been replaced by Sky Business”, then later by “Technical Issues that are being worked on” and eventually from someone on the Tech side with the truth (as it turned out) that CBNC moved from Horizontal to Vertical Frequency in mid-December 2007 and that the Cabling in the Building needed to be upgraded.

Now the Body Corporate are faced with upgrading (at their cost) the Backbone to all 59 Apartments (it is a single cable now), for which they have two quotes in the order of $26K, which just wont happen (and I cant blame them) as the Body Corporate doesn’t have that money in its Budget, and with a majority of Investor owners, it will never get it approved either as most Tenants wont use Foxtel in any case due Foxtel Contract limitations (signing a 24 month contract when your lease is for 12 is not a wise move)

Now I can live with one channel less, though others may well follow the same scenario sooner or later – without notice as was the case with CNBC. I dont see me threatening Foxtel that I will disconnect as an option that will achieve anything.

Given that the Body Corporate are OK with me planting my own Dish on the roof (there are a few others there already for Asian residents now that point in different directions), I am thinking of just that, pointing it at Optus C1, and running the (correct type of) cabling down to my apartment via the internal ducting and passing that cable into my STB rather than the present one. Then I should have CNBC back, as well as the FTA and FBO available.

Before I start to part with money, will this idea work?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

could always switch their single lnb with a dual lnb and reconnecting the main line back to one connection and run a cable from yours to the other connection.If they already have a dual install a quad

Thanks

Smile

All you need is this
    goes between dish (dual lnb required)and all aprt cabling which I presume is in roof space . You use existing cable to all aprt also carrires FTA all in one cable.....I know it works as I have it here...........no prob with pulling H/V with multi box's