Thread: Relook 400 Neumo 7 day EPG ?

Thanks

Default Relook 400 Neumo 7 day EPG ?

Is there a working solution for a 7 day EPG on Neumo images ?

I don't want to re-invent the wheel.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    Is there a working solution for a 7 day EPG on Neumo images ?

I don't want to re-invent the wheel.
    I believe there could be something being developed but I would be interested if there was already something available. Only being able to see a few hours ahead on a PVR is a bit dissapointing.

I am sure there are some talented people that could get this working

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Have a look at this program. It inserts XMLTV data into the db.epg file of your Relook. Pretty sure it would work on Neumo. I'm yet to recieve my first Relook so I've been itching to try this program out.

If you need assistance with grabbing XMLTV data then I can help. Aurora guide data on OzTiVo's community guide has been pretty good lately. Right now there's 6-8 days of XMLTV EPG data for GWN, WIN, Imparja, SCTV, and all the ABC/SBS's. Even the Westlink has data for the next 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Smacca; 09-08-09 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Fixed URL

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

I tried this EPG import tool and the results are not good. Something in the newly populated dbepg.dat file conflicts with the software and the box crashes when trying to view the EPG page. I've gone through new and previous (working) dat files with an SQLite viewer, but couldn't find anything noticably wrong. The program successfully places XMLTV field data into the right fields on the box's dat file. Perhaps there are some foreign characters in the XMLTV data?

Is there anyone else willing to test/report?

Thanks

The file on the Vattna link was developed by max72. It only supports up to database version 1.18. Neumo is now up to database version 1.21.

Max72 has changed to an enigma based image & appears to have stopped development. He has said that he is too busy (lazy) to change.

I've asked the following question on various international forums without a response: "There seems to be a fair bit of work going on in Italy - openepg, crossepg, etc. These seem to be mainly for E2 boxes (my Italian language ability is non-existent, & the various translators don't help much). As there is minimal configuration changes needed to get these running on Sky it, Sky uk & Foxtel au, is there any chance that one of these can be ported to the 400?"

I don't have the programming skills to be able to undertake this. There is a plugin for an E1 dreambox which grabs the satellite transmitted EPG, but doesn't integrate it into the boxes standard EPG application. I understand that the code for this is available if anyone wants to attempt a solution. Also, one of the neumo developers (deeptho - author of the xml based epg solution) has this on his todo list albeit at a low priority, and as he doesn't have access to a Sky satellite, there is no great incentive for him to accelerate it.

I've been looking at modifying one of deeptho's grabbers to get oztivo data, but I'm having difficulty sorting out the username/password requirements.
    Last edited by jgm; 14-08-09 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks

The ozivo grabber for Enigma1 on this forum can work on a Neumo image to get the xml data. What is missing is a process to take the outputted xml and input it into the epg.db file for the relook. It is a program called epgdb or something like that. Neumo does not have it.

The needed classes are in one of the grabbers in PHP code and could be converted.

I am happy to do the needed programming on the right image. I don't want to make a grabber for a image no-one will use.

The info about the db version is very helpful and could explain the crashes when accessing the epg generated by it.

If the source code for the windows based xml converter could be acquired I could do the needed changes to make it compatible with the new DB.

The Ozivo data is a lot more nicer than the OTA from foxtel. I got OTA working on my MythTV and I was not happy with the quality of the data. Shepherd is even nicer but it bit too heavy to run on a Relook 400s. I would consider generating the needed xml on a linux box then passing it of to the relook.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

I put on Highland 2.17 image last night and it is is a db version of 1.18. I was then able to get a 7 day EPG using a xmltv file created from Shepherd. This is a great move forward but I still not convinced this image is stable so it maybe short lived. It has crashed a few times and when recording on one tuner and watching on another the image is not stable. I will keep trying and find the right solution

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    The ozivo grabber for Enigma1 on this forum can work on a Neumo image to get the xml data. What is missing is a process to take the outputted xml and input it into the epg.db file for the relook. It is a program called epgdb or something like that. Neumo does not have it.
    You can get all of deeptho's setup which includes all the necessary php files by the following:

1. FTP your box (use DCC, FileZilla...)

Navigate to /var/media
    Create folders "epg" and "opt" (chmod 755)
    2. Telnet your box (use DCC, Putty...)

Type "ipkg update"
    Type "ipkg install xmltv"
    Type "ipkg install relookepg"
    Type "/var/media/epg/software/epg.php -setup"

There is a good set of instructions on

Thanks

I now have a working grabber for Australian channels. The only problem is that the version of epg I have isn't compatible with my current dbepg.dat.

I get the following report:
    versions: dbepg=1.2 dbprog=1.19

If I can get a resolution, I'll p0st the grabber.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

gl007 (12-02-10),spence (26-02-10),weirdo (12-02-10)

Thanks

It looks like deeptho's xmltv hasn't been updated for neumo3.x.x databases, so I've reverted to neumo 2.13.6. I now have a working 7 day EPG. The grabber, my mapping file and instructions are

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

kevin1341 (15-02-10),weirdo (15-02-10)

Thanks

It may be worth adding --overwrite to the map oztivo to your channel names string. It appears to me that some of the European sources are being invoked for some channels. I know deeptho doesn't want any deletions from dbChannelMap.dat, but it seems to me that we really need an oz only edition. Unfortunately, I don't know enough sql to clean out all the European data.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Would be nice if this would work for PLi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Would be nice if this would work for PLi
    Why would you put PLi on a 400s? Its main feature is the two tuners, so what is the point of an image that can only use 1? If all you want is a box that supports an internal disk, why not get a DM600?

That said, you can get oztivo_au for PLi which does the same thing - available via the software dowload panel. I'm using it on both my DM600 & Mutant 200s. See for more info.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    Why would you put PLi on a 400s? Its main feature is the two tuners, so what is the point of an image that can only use 1? If all you want is a box that supports an internal disk, why not get a DM600?

That said, you can get oztivo_au for PLi which does the same thing - available via the software dowload panel. I'm using it on both my DM600 & Mutant 200s. See for more info.
    Maybe because I like that image.
    Why would you wanna record? Everything is repeated 6 times over anyway, if you miss it once just watch it a couple of weeks later.
    I haven't bothered recording for a couple of years now, each to their own I guess.

Thanks

I had weekepg working on ABcom but I've had no luck on sifteam, it shuts my unit down when i run it.

Tried a few times but have never been able to get the pli jade port to boot on my 400s.

Twin tuners... could't care less.. 2 card readers, more ram and cpu.. snappy menus.. the 400s is great with enigma. Each to their own.