Thread: Yes I'm Clueless

Thanks

Default Yes I'm Clueless

I am getting a Strong 4658x with a card reader mod to run cooler. Also I'm trying to get an 85cm dish (unless many people agree that a smaller dish is still excellant quality) Pointed at C1. The LNB I have is is a 10700. Is that going to work good or do I need to get another?
    I haven't understood about the different cards yet - what is a seller card (is it a proper subscription or is it a clever copy?)
    What is this rolling code or what ever - the need to update the cards and how do you achieve this?
    Please pm me if need be.
    I am also in private networking experiments with satellite if anybody has info on that too?

Thanx for reading my post.
    "You can kiss the lower part of the back of the canister that is my body!" - Family Guy.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

An 85 cm is preferable to a 65 cm as they arent stopped by bad weather as much.

A sellers card is a " pirate card " that allows access to Pay Tv channels that are encrypted by the Irdeto encryption system. Irdeto encryption is used by Austar while Foxtel use NDS. As the same channels are not multiple broadcasted to each company , all channels are dual encrypted with both Irdeto and NDS meaning that an Irdeto pirate card will unlock any channel that has Irdeto encryption on it.

The Irdeto encryption system has been compromised and was also compromised in the late 90's early 00's. Irdeto replaced all their subscription cards with " Irdeto 2 " cards which stopped people pirating Foxtel and Austar's services. Foxtel has since changed to NDS encryption.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Irdeto encryption is used by Austar while Foxtel use NDS. As the same channels are not multiple broadcasted to each company , all channels are dual encrypted with both Irdeto and NDS meaning that an Irdeto pirate card will unlock any channel that has Irdeto encryption on it.
    Sanity,
    I have a properly subscribed Austar card version 5.3 I believe. I've posted elsewhere that when I put that card into a purple cam and place that cam into a Twinhan satellite card I get all my subscribed channels throughthe twinhan software on my computer.
    This isn't the case with most popular software I wish to use, though. It seems to me from a few logs I've captured that the NDS encryption is stopping the software from showing the austar channels. The Software in question is ProgDvb and DNTV Live!
    Could this be a real possibility? I'm certainly no expert and am just fumbling my way through this whole thing..

Any comments you or others may have would be well received..

Cheers,