Thread: Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5gb bulk packs

Thanks

Default Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5gb bulk packs

Hi guys

I'm trying to find these blank dvd's in a bulk pack of 100 or 200 at a very good price. I remember there was a website that had them but can't find it anymore. I can only find them in 50 packs.

Can anyone help???

Look Here ->
    Thanks

wot sort of price was they for 100 and 200 ?
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

I noticed that on ebay has .

Apart from that I haven't seen anyone else selling bulk packs of +R DL.

I often buy from but like most distributors they only carry +R DL in smaller sizes.

Thanks

By the way, be very careful about who you buy from. When I lived in China I found it almost impossible to obtain genuine Verbatim. I tried on several occasions, but wherever I bought from the product packaging was impeccable but the media quality was atrocious.
    • It's always the best brands like Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim that the fakers imitate.
    • You can't trust the media codes, they're fake.
    • You can't go by price either, the fakes are priced higher than other brands like Sony and TDK in order to seem more credible.

Seeking out large bulk packs for cheap price makes you a target. Your only protection is the seller's reputation. The ebay seller I referred to looks OK to me but I don't have experience with him.

good luck, let us know how you get on!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    By the way, be very careful about who you buy from. When I lived in China I found it almost impossible to obtain genuine Verbatim. I tried on several occasions, but wherever I bought from the product packaging was impeccable but the media quality was atrocious.
    • It's always the best brands like Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim that the fakers imitate.
    • You can't trust the media codes, they're fake.
    • You can't go by price either, the fakes are priced higher than other brands like Sony and TDK in order to seem more credible.

Seeking out large bulk packs for cheap price makes you a target. Your only protection is the seller's reputation. The ebay seller I referred to looks OK to me but I don't have experience with him.

good luck, let us know how you get on!
    I was going to say the same thing.
    As far as im aware there are different grades of verbs as well manufactured in different counties.

Thanks

I have been using Ritek DVD+R DL 8.5G $25 for 25 from MSY Computers. They seem to be ok

Cheers
    If I want too,I can, I will

Thanks

+1 ritek/ridata $25 for 25

Thanks

I've had bad experiences with riteks wouldn't touch them,pay a bit more and get verbatims

Thanks

I use ritek and verbatium, ritek maybe one in every 20 will have trouble loading form time to time. Samsung dvd roms are more picky with them, but verbatims are fine....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoochDaTank View Post
    I have been using Ritek DVD+R DL 8.5G $25 for 25 from MSY Computers. They seem to be ok
    For movies they'll usually be perfectly adequate. But don't use them for warez or personal data backups!!

It's true that some media can have a higher coaster rate than others, depending on what burner model and speed you're using. However the biggest difference between the cheapies (like Ritek) and the good quality ones (like Taiyo Yuden) isn't the coaster rate. It's the read error rate after a couple of years.

Atomic magazine pointed this out in a great article back in May 2006 (one of the few issues that I've kept). They were comparing performance and media compatibility of 11 DVD burner brands. But before they even looked at the burners they issued this warning: "chances are you have, at one time or another, used PRINCO branded DVD media for your DVD writing needs, or at the least an OEM variation of this poor quality MID (Media Identifier). It's a little known fact that the chances of recovering all the data off this type of media after one year in storage is less than 10%. So much for media storage."

For burning DVD movies the cheap brands are usually good enough because their MPEG format is fault tolerant. Cheapies are fine for sending stuff to a mate who'll copy/use it once and then throw the disk away. And they're fine for replaceable stuff like mp3 and pr0n. But for anything important that needs to still be readable in five years time, you're crazy to use the cheapies like Princo & Ritek or their no-name equivalents.

I made that mistake years ago - putting important personal data and archived CAD projects on cheap media. After several years I needed to dig up some old work and was horrified at how many of the files had media errors and wouldn't read properly even though I'd looked after the disks, kept them away from heat and light etc. So nowadays I'll use cheaper stuff like TDK for movies or music but always keep a spindle of Taiyo Yuden handy for backups of work and photos. (I use Verbatim when I've run out of TY.)
    Last edited by gw1; 06-10-09 at 11:58 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gw1 For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (07-10-09)