Spud cannons, yeah I still got one I made such a long time ago before the fun police decided to make them illegal in NSW.

I saw some kids walking down a major road in Sydney the other day with one. I thought... good on ya boys. It's good to know that kids are still getting out and having some fun and a little bit of trouble.

It's good to hear too that the courts are throwing out such poor excuses by the police and government. To class them as a weapon is just as, if not more stupid than actually trying to use on to hurt or threaten somebody.

They're a toy and while they can be dangerous, the law should be very clear.
Have fun, but if you hurt somebody either accidentally, or deliberately then and only then should you have your arse kicked.

I can remember copping a home made spear to the head when I was young.
I ended up in hospital, but there was no need to have the kid who threw the spear charged because he was being stupid. His old man put his boot print on his arse and that was all that was required.

Mind you the kid had some other serious mental issues that became clearer at a later date. If he had not been sucked out of a jet airplane airplane door, I think he would have gone on to become a serial killer.

I lie about how he was killed, but natural selection did catch up with him.
The same guy learned his lesson about fireworks and getting burned. He never burned himself after the first time, but did not seem to get the message about burning other people.