Thread: country guy needs Sydney toll way advice?

Thanks

Default country guy needs Sydney toll way advice?

Gday all,
    well,having lived in the sticks all my life ,im a bit unsure about toll ways in sydney,i have to travel up to port macquarie form pambula on the far south coastand the quickest way is the m7 through sydney,im just wondering,is there a toll charge for the 1 to 2 klms i think it is i use of the m2 before i turn up pennant hills road,i got a visitors pass for the m7 but am unsure about the short bit of the m2 ill use,any advice is gratefully appreciated.
    thanks
    Doogle

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Doogle, sure is a charge, there are toll gates at Pennant Hills road exit. They still take cash.
    It think it is $2.20 to exit there.
    Comfortably numb...
    And NO, Google is NOT my friend...

Thanks

thanks mate,i appreciate your help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doogle1970 View Post
    Gday all,
    well,having lived in the sticks all my life ,im a bit unsure about toll ways in sydney,i have to travel up to port macquarie form pambula on the far south coastand the quickest way is the m7 through sydney,im just wondering,is there a toll charge for the 1 to 2 klms i think it is i use of the m2 before i turn up pennant hills road,i got a visitors pass for the m7 but am unsure about the short bit of the m2 ill use,any advice is gratefully appreciated.
    thanks
    Doogle
    Mate take an adventure & just follow Highway "1" all the way up the coast & take a ride throught the big city. Well worth it if you've never gone through before.
    Happy to be here......still

Thanks

Adventure ? ...so thats what it is called.
    Doogle, if you are going to do this make sure it is outside peak hour (actually peaks hours morning and evening)..its not the time for drivers trying to see which way to go while avoiding the looneys.
    My mate comes up from Moruya often, on his way to Gosford.
    He avoids the tollways like the plague, but also avoids the city, skirts around the edge suburbs.
    Comfortably numb...
    And NO, Google is NOT my friend...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bit_pit View Post
    Adventure ? ...so thats what it is called.
    Doogle, if you are going to do this make sure it is outside peak hour (actually peaks hours morning and evening)..its not the time for drivers trying to see which way to go while avoiding the looneys.
    My mate comes up from Moruya often, on his way to Gosford.
    He avoids the tollways like the plague, but also avoids the city, skirts around the edge suburbs.
    Best time to travel through or around City is before 6am & after 10am & before 2pm. Nothing better than a trip north ward across the Harbour bridge at 11am in the morning with just about all lanes open & having a good look at all the city sites.
    From Wollongong you follow the F6 / Princess Hwy to Airport, follow signs to the City & Harbour Bridge & before you know it your through to the other side of the city & out on the North Coast Hwy.
    But as Bit-pit said, try to divert around City if your a nervous driver & scared of idiots. Just don't be in a hurry when driving through the City because thats when you get flustered & take wrong turns. If you need to get in the left lane & traffic isn't letting you, just.... wait. Opening will happen! Don't worry about the beeping & swearing of those impatient city folks, they don't know you from a bar of soap! Just smile at them & move along at your pace. Smiling generally pisses them off more than a growly face & the middle finger at them.
    Funny enough I used to do deliveries around Sydney & I've found Sydney drivers the best. Much better than some country drivers. I'm sure other people would argue that.
    or sites like that will give you quick or best route to follow. Probably 100 more sites like that around. Just do your homework & print out plenty of maps.
    Enjoy the trip Doogle & have fun in Port Macquarie will ya. Your a lucky bugger! I lived there for 8yrs and miss it like hell.
    Happy to be here......still