Thread: Getting an alarm installed any suggestions

Thanks

Default Getting an alarm installed any suggestions

HI there everyone, I'm thinking of getting an alarm installed at home and was just wondering if there is any thing you guys think i should need to know or be weary of when purchasing and getting installed?
    Are there any types to stay away from?
    are some sensors better than others?
    Windows can they be alarmed as well? (is it worth it)
    hard wired fire alarms connected to the alarm?
    Can i have monitoring with my ADSL?
    is there anyone better than others for monitoring? (is it worth it)
    Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help.
    Cheers
    Gavin

Look Here ->
    Thanks

most of the majors are okay we supply mainly DAS NX range
    nothing wrong with Bosch , Ness , Ademco were abit limited but now seem to have more features , suggest you locate a local installer selling proably one of these panels , getting a quote from someone suburbs away could lead to delays on warranty repairs etc. even if intial quote cheaper.
    Get quote in writing stating all the work to be done , whether they run phone line , instal adsl filter how many sensors type and location , keypads , remotes smokes , ext /int sirens warranty on parts and labour
    senor can nearly be skys the linit stable areas no sunlight changes , heat pumps airconditioning in say a small room could use a basic movement sensor , large rooms windows , heat pump may want to go to a pir & microwave sensor dual tech or quad sensor ,
    Windows can be alarm ed by reed switches whwn window opens alarm activates , glass break sensor someone smashes window glass sensor triggers , there is even sml infra red beams to go across window so someone crawling in breaks beams
    I would have monitored smk detectors i am more worried about my federation style house burning down than a thief stealing the vcr
    You can have monitoring even thought you have broadband a corrctly installed adsl filter will solve this problem and proably cheaper to have your alarm tech install it than pay telstra tech
    We prefer smaller control rooms some of the multi national have long delays in answering phones etc,. but we have noticed a change recently from one of the multi nationals putting on more staff due to losing lines caused the phones were not answered for lenthy periods
    make sure your installer is accreditted and licensed and proably get names of some of his recent jobs

Thanks

Thanks for that, very informative.
    I will get a few quotes and see what happens after that, at least i now have some questions for the installers.
    Cheers
    And thanks again
    Gavin