Thread: Brun o 2009

Thanks

Default Brun o 2009

Some people have said if your a fan of "borat", you'll like this.
    I think you have to be a fan of Ali G (Sasha Baren Cohen) first to even get it.

Not big on the "Gay" humor, but Sasha is so talented at character acting.

For me some parts were a little too well, GAY.

But its all a piss take, straight off the bat I wondered when the brokeback mountain reference would appear, and he did not disappoint (see if you can catch its subtleties)

not going to lie, had me laughing at it's silliness

If your not offended by that stuff, worthy of a watch, if you are you'll want to give it a MASSIVE miss, as some parts would offend (most of it actually - you have been warned!)

for better written reviews go to
    IMDB Info
    Last edited by z1gg33; 03-09-09 at 03:13 AM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I didn't like it much. I think the problem with it is that Cohen doesn't speak to anyone noteworthy - people of whose opinions we might actually be interested in. Borat took the piss out of politicians and lobbyists - people who operate in the public sphere - and hence we're interested in their reactions; but Bruno is mainly taking the piss from average people in the street with entirely predictable results. I don't think it's very sporting (in fact, let's call it what it is -> bullying) and it's not very funny either. There was a spark of interest when he interviews that prospective vice-president (or whatever he was) where I thought we might actually get some interesting social commentary but all hope is abandoned when the skit degenerates into Bruno baring his arse to him in a back room. The vice president dude is suitably outraged and I don't blame him. I think that preacher dude displays an amazing level of self control when Bruno tells him he has "good blow job lips". A less stoic man would have nutted him for that comment and deservedly so. Clearly the memories of Borat still abound in American public life which explains why he is unable to get an interview with anyone worthwhile. He's attempted to pull the same trick twice and failed.

Thanks

For me I found it to be a piss take about homosexuals, I mean that scene at UFC with all the rednecks singing.. it was not pleasant to watch him pash another guy, but there was some irony in there I am sure

Yeah the preacher, I agree. I think it was rude, but again , the piss take was that If you are gay, you can become un gay by believing in god (and obviously the preacher believes this) I am not sure if its true or not (not being gay and all)

I dont think its better than borat either, personally I think Ali G is by far his funniest character (and I was not a fan when he had his Ali G show) I grew to appreciate him.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

i watched with with some friends only cause that was all that was showing, i laughed for most of it, but not something i want to experience again.

Certian parts was very funny the wrestling fight thing, and when they were hireing child actors for that movie. But it was just a series of insults.

I never watched Borat but did enjoy Ali G, i think Bruno took the jokes a bit to far so yeah it was funny, but i would not watch again, while Ali G i have no problem watching again and again.

Thanks

was boring ... not funny at all ... Borat was way better ..more funny !
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

some funny bits but pretty boring......