Thread: Ebay early Bidders

Thanks

Default Ebay early Bidders

What do people think they are going to achieve by bidding several days before the end of the auction? I find it extraordinary that people, some with hundreds of transactions under they're belt don't realize that all they are doing by bidding a dollar more than the last bidder is to slowly drive up the price. you see the same lame fools a couple of days later still doing it with the price a hundred dollars higher. invariably the winner on a desirable item is one who has not bid previously and makes a high bid with plenty of leeway in the last seconds of the auction.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

yeah go figure i use a program called auction sentry it does the bidding in the last 30 seconds i don't even have to be near the comp makes my life easy
    IF IT DONT WORK USE A BIGGER HAMMER

Thanks

I have been wondering the same thing for ages, it drains me

Thanks

When im to lazy to clean out my 100 item limit in my ebay i sometimes put a small bid in to keep it in the "items ive bid on" list

Surely there are not that many other people as messy as me

Thanks

invariably the winner on a desirable item is one who has not bid previously and makes a high bid with plenty of leeway in the last seconds of the auction.
    usally the owner with a doggey account because it didnt make reserve
    and you cant always be around when the auction finishes so you need to bid early

Thanks

There is something comforting in watching two people slowly bid warring each other for a week, only to bid once ten seconds before the auction ends, click refresh and see "congratulations!"

Knowing that, out there somewhere, two people are simultaneously calling me a c3$t, always brings a smile to my face.

Thanks

so your the guy that always gets me bucket

I always bid early if i like the product , however it is the first and only bid I do , if something is starting at 99c and I think I would not pay more than $25 , then i bid $25 , if someone else wins , well good on em they wanted it more than i did .
    cannot for the life of me understand these people that bid $1 more everyday twice a day for two weeks though , just to get sniped in the last 10 seconds lol

Thanks

I've learned that most technological items are better off left till late or just going buy it now. I have been chasing motorcycle parts lately and usually end up being the only bidder so why get too excited?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I use Auction Sniper , autobid with a second or 2 to go and if I change my mind , I CAN cancel it before the end of the auction unlike an actual bid on Ebay.

If anyone wants to try it , click here , it also gives me 3 free snipes which is what you also get I think. It is well worth using and uses your Ebay login so you dont have to go through another registration.

Anyone that doesnt use an automated system to bid on their behalf is probably adding money to what they have to pay for an item because early bidding as Diggler mentioned , just drives prices up.

Thanks

Just d/loaded Auction.Sniper.Pro.Edition.v3.1.3.0. looks the goods, set it to bid 5 seconds before auction ends.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

yea its a stupid system
    but sumtimes
    i scored this logitech usb speakerphone thingy, does my voip,msn ect
    even listen to movies coz coudnt be bothered turnin stereo on

$127, i paid $12.50 & $8 post.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Anyone that doesnt use an automated system to bid on their behalf is probably adding money to what they have to pay for an item
    I don't necessarily agree. For instance, if I want say, an lcd screeen, and the max i will pay for it is $50, it doesn't matter if I piddle around all week, going in $2 increments against someone, or if I just put the $50 bid in 5 minutes before it ends.
    If anyone else is going to bid more, it's going to beat me. no matter when i put the bid in. As long as you know your limits from the start.

Thanks

I bought some (rare) electronic components recently, and there was only 2 or 3 bidders who knew the value of the bits - I reckon they would be furious that I scored these bits by bidding up just $5 in the last 5 seconds.

I will probably re-list 4 of the 6 bits I scored for a good profit....it's all fun.

Thanks

How safe is it?
    Seems you are giving someone else your password and they bid for you.
    I thought it was software you install on your own pc?
    Or do I have it wrong.

Thanks

If no one bids earlier in the auction, the seller can easily remove the item. So sometimes it pays to bid the minimum opening bid early to keep it going (if no one else has) and then bid in the last 10 seconds or so to win.
    Also I have found a lot of people that 'deal' in Ebay items will bid on 50-100 items each day with the minimum opening bid then not bid again. Quite suprisingly some of those items they bid on will go all the through without another bid and the buyer will get it for something silly like 99cents, But then resell it for a good profit.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aa23 View Post
    I don't necessarily agree. For instance, if I want say, an lcd screeen, and the max i will pay for it is $50, it doesn't matter if I piddle around all week, going in $2 increments against someone, or if I just put the $50 bid in 5 minutes before it ends.
    If anyone else is going to bid more, it's going to beat me. no matter when i put the bid in. As long as you know your limits from the start.
    If you put the $50 bid in 5 minutes before the end , you are very unlikely to win. If you get a robot to bid up to your limit with 2 seconds to go , I dont think anyones going to beat you.

Any regular ebayer that wastes their time with manual bids would have been pipped numerous times at the last second and thought , "Wow , that guy was quick ".

He wasnt. You were beaten by a sniper using a program like Auction Sniper.

All you have to do is put in how hight you are prepared to go , and the timeout in seconds when you want it to bid for you.

Of course people can out bid you , if your only prepared to bid $5 and someone else $20 they would of course win.

But you will never win a serious auction trying to go bid for bid with an automated robot. The person who it is bidding for most likely wont even be watching. I just normally get up the next day and check my email to see what I won.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoat View Post
    How safe is it?
    Well I'm havent encountered a problem in 2 years.

Seems you are giving someone else your password and they bid for you.
    No , an autobot will bid for you. Obviously it cant make the bid on Ebay without your login details.

I thought it was software you install on your own pc?
    Or do I have it wrong.
    You have it wrong. Read the FAQS on the site.

Thanks

only problem I every had with auctionsniper website sanity referred to is when then shut their system down for maintenance and decided to to submit all the bids during their outtage.

Thanks

i got this one - is software, looks pretty good

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

I’ve been using Auction Sentry for years.

I originally had a cracked version but lost it after an OS reload so I ended up buying it US $14.95 which was a good move as you get free updates which in some cases are to fix changes made by EBay.

I just work out how much I am willing to spend and set an bid up to that value and forget about.

Re people bidding early I’ve introduced a few people to sniping and one still for reasons that escape me bid on the item a few days before. I have lost out a few times where something is sitting at say 95 cents the seller will pull it before the auction ends so perhaps there is a case for making a small bid early.