Thread: Gay protesters next in line for " sorry "

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Gay protesters next in line for " sorry "

I am gunna have to get in on this sory thing. I wonder how much cash they want ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Well, seeing as he said,
    “I’ll never stop being distressed by it,” Mr Murphy said. “No matter how much I intellectualise – it’s a scar. It’s something that won’t go away – it can’t go away.
    I gues giving him a shitload of cash wouldn't help him out then. So I hope he gets nothing.
    And I'd use that against him in any kind of cash claim too.

Thanks

FFS, harden the **** up.

Jesus christ these people piss me off.

Thanks

I copped a couple of beatings from the cops when I was a teenager.

Perhaps it's time for the Australian gov to say sorry to the "drunken teenage smart arses who think they can get away with telling cops to go f themselves".

I was scarred too. A nice one on the back of the skull from a maglite....or accidentally falling down the stairs, depending on who you ask

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

my ancestors where sent to botany bay for stealing bread to try and survive, when will the poms say sorry to me. and pay me compensation. come to think of it, the normans rapped and pillaged my ancestors as well, maybe....ah shit, just get on with life!

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    I copped a couple of beatings from the cops when I was a teenager.
    Me too ! Now there is 2 of us , we can do a minority group class action !

Thanks

Me 3.
    Growing up in the late 70s, early 80 in Oakliegh could only mean 2 things.

1 You regularly were copping a good beating from the local coppers via a nice big phone book.
    2 You knew your mates were regularly out p**fter bashing.

Judging from dates in the article, i belive that p**fter bashing was the flavour at the time.

Come to think about it, if coppers harderend up a little like in the good old days we wouldnt have as many problems on the street as we do today.

I should get together with a few of the old boys, rock up to the police station and ask for a "sorry".

Nah, not in my life time.

This guy neededs to harden the f**k up a little.

sorry

Thanks

its ok soon enough we will get our turn as the minority of people who havent gotten a payout yet

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by global88 View Post
    Me 3.
    Growing up in the late 70s, early 80 in Oakliegh could only mean 2 things.

1 You regularly were copping a good beating from the local coppers via a nice big phone book.
    2 You knew your mates were regularly out p**fter bashing.

Judging from dates in the article, i belive that p**fter bashing was the flavour at the time.

Come to think about it, if coppers harderend up a little like in the good old days we wouldnt have as many problems on the street as we do today.

I should get together with a few of the old boys, rock up to the police station and ask for a "sorry".

Nah, not in my life time.

This guy neededs to harden the f**k up a little.

sorry
    Thats 3 of us , we probably dont need any more or we will end up a majority group and will get nothing

Yeah , it amazes me some of the so called " mental scarring " people seem to get out of some of these things and the compensation required for it.

I would have also thought they would have got more bashings from gangs than police..... I also remember the popularity of " poofter bashing " in the 80's. Catch a train to Melbourne and stake out the known gay public toilets along the Yarra and gang bash any gays trying to meet up for sex.

It sounds like we are a similar age Global88 , one of my mates at the time was originally from Oakleigh and a lot of us would crash at his old mans house in Oakleigh for the night before heading back down our way after a night out of trouble in Melbourne. His old man was German and his mum was Maltese...he had anger problems

Thanks

Sanity, I'm really surprised that you haven't suggested that the filthy poo-pushers should apologize to the police for getting blood on their boots.

Why not go all the way?

Thanks

Honestly Sanity, there were so many Oakliegh boys that chances are i may have known him by face and name and not known his parents background.

I use to hang with some Serbian brothers who ran the show.
    If you know the seniors who led the gang, chances are you rubbed shoulders with me.

The best location for us was the park behind luna park.
    The last one was the most memorable one.
    5 car loads of Oakliegh boys park in the carpark and nominated "big mick" to pick up a date and take his new freind to the toilet.
    The plan was as soon as they got in he was to act like things were going to happen, while waiting for us to storm in and take care of things.

He picked up a really tall built bloke, took him into the toilet and waited and waited......
    We were outside pissing ourselves laughing with no intention of saving him.

Last thing i remember was big mick running out of the toilets, half undressed ,pulling his pants up while running.

Oh the good old days.
    Yeah all the boys had anger problems.
    Some of us still do, just that we know how to control it a little better now.
    Im 44 end of march.

Anyway back to the topic.

The gays that were bashed wouldnt know who the gang that bashed them was.
    The poilce on the other hand are a large organisation thats easy to point at and blaime. Point the finger, show the evidence and watch the money come in.
    Point the finger to the gang and chances are they wouldnt be around long enough to blink.

Its all about easy money.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Globe View Post
    Sanity, I'm really surprised that you haven't suggested that the filthy poo-pushers should apologize to the police for getting blood on their boots.

Why not go all the way?
    I've got nothing against gays personally. I dont agree with gay marriages and homosexuality being promoted as a " lifestyle " choice to children , but thats a different argument for another time. As long as they are living their life without interfering in mine , I have no problem at all.

I dont agree with police bashing them for no reason , but hey , its time to get on with life as a few have mentioned. I have copped a few from them in my time ( police that is ) , some deserved , some totally unnecessary. But I dont need to run to the media and promote it as the latest " sorry " story and try and get some compensation. Lets face it , " sorry " is in at the moment.

If your post is aimed at my " poofter bashing " comments , thats what did happen in the 70's and 80's in Melbourne. If you think it is something I exclusively did , you obviously arent from Melbourne and dont know a lot about then gang scene from that era.

I am sure Global88 will back me up when I say that a popular past time back then for gangs was to travel in to the city and bash homosexuals that loitered around public toilets soliciting sex. Global88 , I am 40 , but the guys I knocked around with back then were a few years older than me.

No its not something I do now , you do a lot of things when you are 18 that seem like a good idea at the time Gays suffered a hell of a lot more bashings from gangs than they did from cops , " poofter bashing " was almost like a sporting event in the early 80's. It was not unusual to run in to a bunch of mates who would say " we are going poofter bashing on the weekend in the city , wanna come ? " and off you would go with a dozen blokes for a weekend of mayhem.

But back to the topic........

The reason gays are being mentioned is because they are the ones now going for a " sorry ". Are we going to see every minority group in this country launch a claim for a government issued " sorry " so they can pursue financial compensation when the sorry is an admittance that it did take place ?

I dont care what minority group is moaning for a sorry , I will bag the hell out of them for doing it. At the moment , I am sorry I am a white , ( mostly ) able bodied male hetrosexual because I cant claim a sorry from anyone. Even if I could , no one would listen , I am a majority

Hope that explains the point of my post/particular thread more to you.

Thanks

Yep, backed up 100%

Well put, poofter bashing did equal a very common sport.

Im pretty sure it was AIDS that put an end to it.
    It was just too risky.
    Someone may have died.......