Thread: Missing my OZ TV pls help

Thanks

Default Missing my OZ TV pls help

I've recently moved overseas to Brunei (Borneo) and am worried about missing the 08 footy season's offerings.

I can get a satellite dish setup here to point to Optus C1, but I just need to source a smart card.

It seems like my options are to find a seller (somehow without the pub crawl - if it's possible).

Or get a trusted friend in regional OZ to share their subscription with me.

With the Seller, is a pub crawl the only way? Brunei is 7hrs flight away from Sydney.

With sub sharing, do i just need the card or the set top box also?

The satellite installer here said that he had heard that I might be able to get an Austar card at the Embassy. Has anyone bought a card from an Embassy before? lol it sounds so preposterous.

Thx for your help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Dunno if the footprint of Optus C1 extends to as far as Brunei.

You should be able to get a good selection of footy on the free Australia Network on PAS 8 C-band.

Thanks

Thanks ssrattus.

I've tried to look for some footprint maps, and although there is mention of beaming into Asia, unfortunately it looks that it is targeted at China and not SE Asia. The signal strength within Australia seems very strong indeed, is it possible that this part of the world may still have coverage?

What I'll do is get the technician to try pointing the dish at Optus C1 and see if we can get a picture. What frequency is an Austar test pattern on?

If we do not get one, I'll get it pointed at Intelsat 8 to pick up Australia Network as you recommended.

I also noticed that on intelsat 8 also hosts the discovery network and MTV Asia, can you or anyone else point me to some resources I could refer to in order to decrypt and access their signals?

Cheers,

G

Thanks

[QUOTE=granger;19917]
    I've tried to look for some footprint maps, and although there is mention of beaming into Asia, unfortunately it looks that it is targeted at China and not SE Asia. The signal strength within Australia seems very strong indeed, is it possible that this part of the world may still have coverage?

What I'll do is get the technician to try pointing the dish at Optus C1 and see if we can get a picture. What frequency is an Austar test pattern on?
    12305 detail. You will NOT get a picture. A bloke in Rabaul PNG just scrapes Aurora in using 3.0m plus solid we once heard.

If we do not get one, I'll get it pointed at Intelsat 8 to pick up Australia Network as you recommended.
    This is the best option for your locale.

I also noticed that on intelsat 8 also hosts the discovery network and MTV Asia, can you or anyone else point me to some resources I could refer to in order to decrypt and access their signals?
    Nope, but you will get MTV China. See also BBC World, NET25, GEMTV.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division