Thread: Geocaching

Thanks

Default Geocaching

Anyone done this, kinda looks like fun. Been checking out some of them near my place although havent had the guts to hang around in a park looking for a box! Might have to try some of them near work "claiming" I'm doing some excercise at lunch.

Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

We have a geocache located in the vent of the mains meter at work. It has been there since 2003 and it is probably illegal because it is inside our property, ie you reach through the fence to get to it. It is a magnetic key holder with paper in it to record the find.

Found it a year or so ago when I bailed up a couple guys snooping around the fence line. Managed to push one of the guys buttons enough so that he lost it completely. What a wanker. Don't think they actually found it.

They risk being taken away by the Tech Park security. Some guy got taken in for questioning after taking photographs of our site 6 months ago. PS we nothing to do with the security guys.

Thanks

geocache is fun you never no what you might find found one been there from 1999 so 9 years

but this is a must if your in the area

Thanks

LOL Ssrattus, to think I'm paranoid when I'm wandering around a park, I dont think I would be going through any fences (noticed one of the ones near me is next to a kindergarten, have to do that one late in the day). I'll remember to avoid any near Tech Park (thats a long drive for me anyway).

There are 4 near my work so I might check those out and even one near my train station at home.

The Google map on the aussie site is good for finding close by ones!
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Did my first lot of geocaching on the weekend and it was heaps of fun. Something I will be doing a lot more of. Looking into making some of my own geocoins. Also got some great ideas of some caches. Really tweaks your ability to use your GPS device. Also lets you know the limits of your cheap one if you have one. Ended up using Beeline GPS on my Tytn II and it was fantastic. All the turn by turn stuff is great to get you near the location but you have to switch over to something else like Beeline when you get near GZ.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

Yes mate, it is heaps of fun.
    There are caches all over the world if your that keen.
    The kids really love getting out and doing it to.

I use copilot live in walk mode, it justs draws a line from where you are now to where the cache is and off you go.

There's also a Kml file for google earth so you can lookup caches to go find.
    Old Dog, No Flies

Thanks

Check out this cache..

GC10QR8

Hard to solve the crossword...
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind