Thread: Soft-mod hard drive swap

Thanks

Default Soft-mod hard drive swap

Hello people,

Went to put a bigger hard drive in my brother's Xbox(1) and much to our surprise we've found that his box is not chipped but is soft-modded. Now I know my limits with a chip as my box is chipped but not too sure about things when it comes to soft-mods - can I just change over the hard drive and reinstall everything on the new drive using the Slayers Evox disc or will this 'destroy' the effect of the soft-mod?

Not my Xbox so don't really wanna take any chances.

Thanks in advance........tez

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teztickles View Post
    Hello people,

Went to put a bigger hard drive in my brother's Xbox(1) and much to our surprise we've found that his box is not chipped but is soft-modded. Now I know my limits with a chip as my box is chipped but not too sure about things when it comes to soft-mods - can I just change over the hard drive and reinstall everything on the new drive using the Slayers Evox disc or will this 'destroy' the effect of the soft-mod?

Not my Xbox so don't really wanna take any chances.

Thanks in advance........tez
    no mate, you need to dump eeprom image of xbox to lock the new HDD with that image, otherwise you will get error 21, 5 etc

Download xbox Hdd maker to do this on your pc.

It is for this reason chipped consoles ares simpler to do hdd swaps on!

Cheers
    Mick

Thanks

Or.....or, I could just leave it and he can either do it himself or just live with what he's got, which is what I'm gonna do. I get sick of volunteering to do 'simple' jobs which end up being 10 times more complicated than what I volunteered for so this time I'll gracefully retract my services by saying it can't be done

As always, thanks for the info Mick. You always make me glad I ask first rather than just assuming.......tez

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teztickles View Post
    Or.....or, I could just leave it and he can either do it himself or just live with what he's got, which is what I'm gonna do. I get sick of volunteering to do 'simple' jobs which end up being 10 times more complicated than what I volunteered for so this time I'll gracefully retract my services by saying it can't be done

As always, thanks for the info Mick. You always make me glad I ask first rather than just assuming.......tez
    not a worry mate, anytime
    send him my way....lol

Thanks

Default Different take on it

So if you take a a soft modded XBOX and put a modchip in it will you lose the data on the HDD? Will you need to do anything to the HDD to make it work after you have installed the modchip?

Cheers, Ian.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian_ly View Post
    So if you take a a soft modded XBOX and put a modchip in it will you lose the data on the HDD? Will you need to do anything to the HDD to make it work after you have installed the modchip?

Cheers, Ian.
    no it will appear the same!