Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in hardware but it probably goes equally in both.

I've got a client that has an internet installation (running two kiosks) and he is using a DSL-G604T modem. When it detects the ADSL and locks on, it's fine. However, if there is a power cut and the modem drops out, when it comes back on the following happens:

ADSL light flashes as it is associating, locks steady for a few seconds, then starts flashing again, then goes out. This repeats for anything from a few minutes to a few hours before it will properly associate and stay locked.

I've just given a spare one of these modems to a friend as it has a wireless AP on it which he needs. Just went to set it up and it's doing the same thing. ADSL light flashes, locks for a few seconds, starts flashing again then goes out. Then it repeats the whole cycle again.

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with these modems? I've looked on the D-Link website and can't see much.

Yes, it currently has the latest firmware in it.

The modem my mate is currently using (a D-Link DSL-502T) works perfectly on his line with no probs at all.

Given that this is the second 604T that I've had with this issue leads me to believe it's a modem problem.