Thread: PDR16-RMT + Timesynching issues!

Thanks

Default PDR16-RMT + Timesynching issues!

G'day all I attended a site that has 5 X PDR16-RMT's (various ages) all running through RasPlus 1.9.9

Problems have appeared with the DVR's time synching with the daylight savings etc.

I use the RasPlas PC as the time server and it corrects it's time regularly however the DVR's do not correct the time I would have thought that what ever the time server said the system time was then it would flow through correctly?

The DVR's seem to receive the time incorrectly or try to compensate? ALL DVR's are communicating through RasPlus Correctly and receive a "time" from that PC ... Just not the Correct time :@

Anyone else experienced this and discovered a work around or patch
    Last edited by GDMorry; 17-10-09 at 09:02 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sorry, but how are the DVR's communicating to the PC through RasPlus?

What time is showing on the PC?
    What time is showing on the DVR's?
    When you go into time sync, get time, what is the offset?

Thanks

The DVR's are communicating across the network (via a switch) and each DVR is setup with IP address and password = Each DVR is working and viewable everything works beautifully except the time sync

Windows Time on the RasPlus is set to (GMT+09:30) Adelaide. with the "Automatically adjust for daylight savings" box checked, the time automatically updates via the internet with no problems .. RasPlus time is all good

The DVR's (now I am assuming the different models appear to do it differently) all seem to sync and receive times that vary by either the half OR full hour different. (mostly fast, and I've noticed that it reports the "Server Time" as up to one FULL Hour Faster that it actually shows on the Time Server box itself ?)

The Newest DVR I have the time sync working to correct "RasPlus" time but I had to set the DVR's "Windows Time" to (GMT +10:00) That DVR is the only one The has the Correct time .. LOL .. Even though I did it by using a timezone half an hour faster!

Basically I wanted to know if there was a work around on each DVR to "MAKE" the time sync and be EXACTLY the same as the Time server ??

I have tried all the older DVR's with and without the Windows "automatically adjust for daylight saving box checked" and still am having no win

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GDMorry View Post

Windows Time on the RasPlus is set to (GMT+09:30) Adelaide. with the "Automatically adjust for daylight savings" box checked, the time automatically updates via the internet with no problems .. RasPlus time is all good

The DVR's (now I am assuming the different models appear to do it differently) all seem to sync and receive times that vary by either the half OR full hour different. (mostly fast, and I've noticed that it reports the "Server Time" as up to one FULL Hour Faster that it actually shows on the Time Server box itself ?)

The Newest DVR I have the time sync working to correct "RasPlus" time but I had to set the DVR's "Windows Time" to (GMT +10:00) That DVR is the only one The has the Correct time .. LOL .. Even though I did it by using a timezone half an hour faster!

Basically I wanted to know if there was a work around on each DVR to "MAKE" the time sync and be EXACTLY the same as the Time server ??

I have tried all the older DVR's with and without the Windows "automatically adjust for daylight saving box checked" and still am having no win
    When you say the "time server", are you referring to an internet time server or the PC you have set as the time server? And you have turned off the windows time update on each DVR?

All windows time zones must be set the same.

Each DVR should get the time from the nominated time server PC and adjust it's time accordingly.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zodie For This Useful Post:

GDMorry (23-02-10)

Thanks

GDmory, haven't got the documentation here but there is several registry settings to be changed to make a PC work properly as a time server.

Otherwise it thinks it is just a client.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread!

Yes I fixxed it = Found it was all windows fault and applied the Australia-DST_KB951072 patch! (to all the DVR's)

Last edited by GDMorry; 23-02-10 at 10:41 PM. Reason: (to all the DVR's) added ;)