Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electricity going up 25 %

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Asininity View Post
    By installers I mean the guys who bundle it all in as a "solution"..

Hmmm...you may wanna check that figure...I make it no more than 2% on a sb3800
    Lucky someone was awake that is 1.1% not 11% .

It is smart for the people that bundle these system to budget in the minimum size inverter because basically 99.99% people never upgrade a 1Kw system.
    About 80% of those start out saying they will upgrade "later" but just never happens.

BTW , I have a 4 KW system and make more than we use , but I flat-out do not believe in global warming !! Although for some reason the earth in WA does appear to get very hot between December and March lol

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    Global warming is just an excuse for energy companies to increase prices by ridiculous amounts. It's spun as "encouraging efficient energy use" when really they are just lining their own pockets.

Here in NSW, our electricity has gone up 20% this year. The increase is supposedly to pay for new infrastructure. The NSW government tried privatising our power grid last year and failed because nobody wanted it. This increase is really just to punish us for not letting the NSW government have their way.

I can't believe how many things are going up in price at multiple times the inflation rate.
    The Victorian government is rather sneaky with this too. One of the justifications for increasing water costs is the replacement of a main sewer that runs across Hobson's bay. Water users are set to pay $250 million for that work. What people were not told was the area where the current sewer runs is in the path of large ships which the bay dredging project has permitted to enter the bay now.

The original plan was to lay a concrete cap over the top of where the sewer is to protect it from the risk of a ship dragging an anchor or prop turbulence damaging the sewer which if breeched would spill raw sewerage.

The cost of that work should have been paid as part of the dredging project but the government has opted to replace the sewer with a new one laded deeper so the ships do not affect it.

Thanks

yesterday we were prisoners in our own home with a new driveway being poured, no worries. But then in the afternoon the power company shut the street down to change a pole. So we were at home on a cracker of a day with no power.

Now it's cool these jobs have to be done, but when they give you a card in the letterbox on monday that says 'we will cut your power off this weekend on this day we say great, we'll plan our day & get some ice for all the food in the freezer.
    But, when they put another card in the letterbox on Wednesday saying we have a change of plans and we will not change the pole or cut your power off. Business as usual at home... so we thought.
    So if they want to increase the cost of power, sure let them make money but FFS give the consumer a bit of decent service and some better communication wouldn't go astray.
    iam a bogan

• The Following User Says Thank You to mate For This Useful Post:

poiuytrewq (25-10-09)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12