Thread: Experiences with wireless speakers

Thanks

Default Experiences with wireless speakers

I notice that a number of suppliers of home theatre (outta the box stuff )(including Sony) are starting to include wireless speakers or at least wireless rear speaker.

Has anyone had experience with these and if so what are your thoughts?
    Look forward to reading responses.
    Im Feeling Wobbly !!!

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

I recently purchased a new house and it was part and parcel of the deal that one of was installed.

To be honest, it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread but it does do everything claimed and does it quite well.

The builders claimed 'Valued at over $1000.00' can't see it myself, more like $500.00 - the build quality isn't the best, it's very plastic.
    On a 1 to 10, probably 6.5.

Edit- I just realised not everyone will want to run off and read a PDF, the unit is a Phillips 700/22

Thanks

looks interesting how does it function

Banned
    Thanks

Essentially my CD collection is stored on the units built in 40gb hard drive.
    Any music is streamed to each room and then can be played individually in each room. IE play one song in the bathroom while someone else is playing another in the lounge or garage or you can broadcast simultaneously the same song to all stations.
    One thing I like is the remote control, it has a full six line display and really easy navigation controls.
    One of the draw backs is that the unit is hard wired and wall mounted, I mean wall mounted in the wall not on the wall, so if you want to upgrade or change the unit it's a bit of a pain in the ....

Thanks

I am looking at wireless speakers to use outdoors. Can't be bothered running wires under the house. There are not many available locally. Ofcourse they all need power (adaptor or battery), which can be a problem outdoors.

Thanks

That's the big problem with this wireless junk,, if you don't need to hardwire the speakers your going to need power points.

If you have access, to under the house it's easy, if it's a concrete floor with tiles, it's a nightmare. It really comes down to what you want, in the way of quality, and anything half decent, needs to be hard wired.

The small wireless stuff come in plastic cases [ are-la-Bose, yuck] and you get what you pay for.