Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stream Movies to XBox 360

Thanks

I found the 360 to be a shit media player, for a few reasons.

1) Playback quality looked horrid compared to the XB1.. just seemed to be more grainy compared to the xbox1. (thats on a 46" Sony Bravia X Series LCD)
    The xbox1 lets you set up screen size and everything, so you get no lost pic.. 360 doesnt.
    The Xbox1 lets you change audio synch, so if you d/l a movie thats OOS you can fix it on the Xbox1.. 360 doesnt.
    The Xbox1 can play ANY file you chuck at it, Whole DVD's in ISO's/IMG's etc.. Xvids in RAR files you name it..
    The list goes on and on...

2) The 360 reverts all files played to a small box size in the middle of the screen so you have to go through the remote options to make it full size EVERY damn time.. well it remembers for the file you set it for, but when your watching a heap of TV eps its a pain.

3) Its a 360 ! Even with the cooler I have on it, I dont want to cook it and get the RROD just to watch questionable quality movies or eps.

4) MP3 playback on the 360 is a joke.. I cant get it to just list the folders and mp3's inside them like the Xbox 1 does, I have to go through all this other crap, genre, album, title bla bla.. so my MP3's get listed all over the shop and I cant find anything ??? weird.

So its just for games with me...

And why are people still using that TVsersity rubbish when you can stream straight from XP or Vista anyway ?

Anyway, maybe someone can point out a few fixes for my gripes above
    As I would like to retire the Xbox1 to free up a connection on the back of the TV.. I have none left

Cheers.

Thanks

hey microsoft! are you reading this??? :P

as for 2, after i set my first video, all the others played the same. not sure whats going on with yours mate

i agree about the MP3s too, it looks up the albums in the file info, my albums are in the folder and xbmc did that perfectly!!

if the 360 could natively do all this, id get rid of the xbox1 and use that. i have limited space in my ent unit :P

Thanks

Darkness I have to agree with you on every point except the decode quality, at least on my setup the picture is substantially better, but I agree the actual media player is an embarrassment to Microsoft.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12