Thread: Help with Paradox alarm in my new home

Thanks

Default Help with Paradox alarm in my new home

Hi,

Austech noobie here, hi to everyone.

Just moved into a new house, which has a Paradox alarm installed. I know the user access code, but need to reprogram it a bit.

The house has 3 PIR's installed, but I want to basically disable one of them so the cat can come and go through the catdoor. But if we lock the cat out, I need to re-enable it.

I've read a few user manuals for Paradox alarms, and have discovered the Stay arming feature, and Manual Bypass feature. The manual bypass feature seems a bit fiddly to activate/deactivate everyday, so I think I want to go with Stay arming. So I need to reprogram it.

So I need to get hold of a programming guide for my alarm, but I don't actually know what model my alarm is. I've tried opening the main box to look on the PCB, but its set up with a tamper switch on the lid, which sets the alarm off.

So 1st Q: How do I temporarily disable the tamper switch?

And secondly, is there any other way (apart form Stay and Bypass) to temporarily disable a zone? (Apart from physically disconnecting the pir ofcourse)

Thanks for any help!
    Chris

Look Here ->
    Thanks

When the alarm goes off when you open the box just disarm it (enter code). There are lots of different models of paradox alarms and all program differently so you need to know what model you have. Do you have the program code?

Thanks

Ahhh, thanks, that worked. Paradox Esprit 727.

Thanks

I would call in a professional for that system, they are "not" DIY Friendly _what_so_ever_
    As far as the cat goes, get a decent "pet sensor" and you wont have an issue.

Cheers.

Thanks

Thanks for your advice keef82. I'll go down this route for a bit longer, then get prof help if I get stuck.

As for pet sensors, I've heard multiple experiences of them just not working 100% of the time. I'd expect a "decent" pet sensor costs a decent amount too.

Back to the control panel tamper switch... while the above method worked, is there a more graceful approach to getting inside the box without the alarm activating? Perhaps when you enter Installer Mode on the keypad, the alarm disables temporarily?

Thanks
    Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoutts View Post
    Thanks for your advice keef82. I'll go down this route for a bit longer, then get prof help if I get stuck.

As for pet sensors, I've heard multiple experiences of them just not working 100% of the time. I'd expect a "decent" pet sensor costs a decent amount too.

Back to the control panel tamper switch... while the above method worked, is there a more graceful approach to getting inside the box without the alarm activating? Perhaps when you enter Installer Mode on the keypad, the alarm disables temporarily?

Thanks
    Chris
    I don't think there is anything wrong with pet sensors if they are adjusted properly and no big cat tower in the room.

Not sure on the tamper setup on these panels but most you can manually bypass the tamper zone. Normally the last zone eg if 8 zone panel try bypassing zone 8 or which ever zone light come up when you did it the other way.

Thanks

Use digi75's (paradox) the cats drink up on the breakfast bar in our house and jump down to the floor all in direct view of the sensor, have not had 1 false alarm in my house and only one in a customers house where his cat was able to get within 30cm of the detector.

These are also our sensor of choice for harsh environment, again I do not remember going to any false alarms for this use. The only place they do not work is in hallways. They are not super expensive.

As for the esprit I'd bin it, they were not officially imported by paradox. Small wholesalers imported them themselves and not many installers used them. If you do get someone out make sure they have had experience with these before they attend.

Thanks

Thanks rotor138, that dg75 looks perfect!

Yeah, while the Esprit isn't the grandest of designs, it will have to do for now. At the end of the day, it will make a noise when a burgler breaks in. And it has a programable output, which I can use to hook up to a sms circuit I have, to send me a txt when the alarm goes off.

Thanks everyone for the help.