Thread: Transfering mp3 to xbox

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Default Transfering mp3 to xbox

Hi guys,
    Have just started getting into the joys of a modded xbox for moving mp3's from my computer to the harddrive to enjoy on xbmc. I have been using flash fxp to do the transfers, but whenever I go to transfer an mp3 with a long title into the music/f drive on my xbox, it doesn't go unless I shorten the song title. Is there a better way that someone can tell me about? Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Hi guys,
    Have just started getting into the joys of a modded xbox for moving mp3's from my computer to the harddrive to enjoy on xbmc. I have been using flash fxp to do the transfers, but whenever I go to transfer an mp3 with a long title into the music/f drive on my xbox, it doesn't go unless I shorten the song title. Is there a better way that someone can tell me about? Thanks.
    not really mate, FTP is the quickest way. You might just have to live with the file name truncation.

Thanks

Mine used to do that too, don't know whether it's an update of FlashFXP, XBMC or Evox (or whatever) but it doesn't do that anymore. It sends them all regardless of name size yet any of the long named ones are automatically truncated when I go to access them. Maybe try updating. I'd try FlashFXP first, easiest.......tez

Thanks

If your running XBMC it will truncate the transfers as it recieves the files.
    Provided you have the Tagging information inside the mp3 you won't need the individual file names as the data can be read from the tags.

Thanks

Ah well there you go, a while back I changed my startup/main dashboard to XBMC, guess that must have been when it started (or ended). Thanks for the info

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments but still confused
    The mp3's with the long names get transferred but do not show up on my xbmc. If I open avalaunch and go to the xbox ftp client, it shows them all there. So it's like I cannot access those tracks via xbmc. I will try an all update and see if that helps.