Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: TOMTOM 7.910 for WINCE4.2 with Australia Map 830.2290 + Voices POI Speedcam TUTORIAL

Thanks

Default Cannot Find 'TomTom Navigator' (or one of its components)

I have been trying for days to load TomTom on a Uniden Trax 436 GPS with Win CE Core 5.0. I have downloaded the software from the first post and followed the instructions precisely but I continue to get the same error when I try to run TomTom Navigator.exe. The error I get is:

"Cannot find 'TomTom Navigator' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

I have tried different versions of TomTom, and anything else that I came across while searching google over the past few days, but I continue to get the same error no matter what I try. The Path and filename are definitely correct, and I have tried pressing directly on the file using a file browser on the GPS but I still get the error.

I would appreciate any help as I am at a loss, but I don't want to give up.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks

Unhappy backup tomtom

I'm more than frustrated that I can't make TT to work on my double din system, if is there anyone that can help me with a backup of his sd card to share with me, or even meet in Melbourne, I will appreciate a LOT!!!

Regards, George
    please contact me by mail ( ingeruldinstele@yahoo.com ) or here
    P.S: I'm newb with this
    Last edited by DeathKiss; 05-12-11 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks

Default Not enough memory is available

Since my previous post, I have continued to search google for an answer and I have progressed, but I now have another problem.

I downloaded a version of TomTom that was specifically for Win CE Core 5.0 from here:

Once I installed the software and maps, and patched them so they were all working, I was excited to see the software starting up when I pressed on the executable. Then came the setup process, and all seemed to be working fine until I selected the voice. At this point the application shutdown and displayed a message that read 'Not enough memory is available'. I have tried a number of times and selected different voices, but I still get the same error at the same place.

The device I am using is a Uniden Trax 436 with Windows CE Core 5.0. I have installed TomTom 7.450 from the link above and the map I installed was Australia v830.2290.

I have a 2gb SD card installed which has more than 1gb free, and I have almost 1gb free on the internal flash drive. I suspect that this is a Win CE memory allocation problem, but this is beyond me. Please help!

Thanks.
    Last edited by RevOsis; 07-12-11 at 03:13 AM.

Thanks

Default Finally working, but one more problem

Success!!

I have finally got TomTom 7.910 working on my Uniden Trax 436 without the memory error. I used it to navigate yesterday and it worked brilliantly.

After more searching, I found a post by 'jones8430' who had solved the problem using 'Mortscript' at the following link that resolved the memory problem:

After replacing the files, I had to go through the map activation process again, and that solved the memory error. I then replaced the 'TomTom Navigator.exe' and the 'Data.CHK' files with v7.910 files that I had previously downloaded, went through the activation process again and it all worked.

My only problem now is that TomTom will not save my map settings. Every time I start the application, I have to go through the configuration setup before I can use it. After I complete the setup process, I receive an error message in the top right of the screen which reads "Unable to store settings: the memory card is write protected". I can use TomTom with my selected settings, but when I exit the TomTom application, I get another message which reads "Unable to store settings: File access error. Are you sure you want to exit?"

I have checked the memory card and it is not write protected. I have also checked the attributes on the SD card and all the files on the card, and nothing is write protected.

On my device, the name of the SD card is 'Storage Card'. I suspect that TomTom is looking for the card under a different name when trying to save the 'Mapsettings.cfg' file. I have checked and I do not have a Mapsettings.cfg file anywhere on the SD card or on the flash memory of the device. I have found a file on the root of the flash disk that was not previously there named 'ttn' with no extension. I think this may be some sort of error log, but I am not sure because the file is not readable using 'Notepad'. I have uploaded the file here if anyone can make heads or tails of it.

I have searched google, but unfortunately I cannot find a solution to this problem. I hope that someone from this community can help me to resolve this problem.

Maybe there is a way to use Mortscript to direct TomTom to a set location for the mapsettings.cfg file. This is just an idea, but I need help please.

Thanks.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity does this version of tomtom work on your trax windowsce 5:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Just out of curiosity does this version of tomtom work on your trax windowsce 5:
    Hi NRT,

Thanks for your reply. I installed your software and it worked without even having to activate it. The first time that I started TomTom, it did not ask me for any settings which was encouraging, but when I exited the application, I received the same warning that I did previously ("Unable to store settings: File access error. Are you sure you want to exit?" ). Then when I restart TomTom, all the settings are lost and I am back to where I was previously.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks

Default Problem Solved

The problem was with my SD card. Now that I have changed the SD card, it is working great and saving the settings on exit. I guess persistence pays in the end.

There is one more issue but it is a minor one. TomTom is not adjusting the time for daylight savings. The time displayed is standard time, and subsequently the time to arrival is 1h off. Is there something in the settings that I need to change or does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Thanks

There is no fix for the time issue on tomtom wince that I am aware of.

• Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789