Thread: Immobilizer diagram for Lantra J3 series

Thanks

Default Immobilizer diagram for Lantra J3 series

These POS cars have a after-market Immobilizer fitted(aus models) to them that gets armed/disarmed via the remote. If the remote dies,your stuffed.
    Anyway got the nrma roadservice guy(they have alot of info at there finger-tips..lol) to bypass it by bridging out a couple connections(starter relay contact as well as feeding the ignition wire with 12v which starts the car without a key..LMAO.
    Seeing as Hyundai hold you to randsom & want something like $200 for a new remote, I want to by-pass this crap immobilizer.
    I know its a long shot but anyone by any chance have a diagram so I can by-pass it & just use the key to enter & start the car??
    PrecisionMods

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The first thing we would need to know is what brand name aftermarket alarm/ immobiliser they fitted.

Then we could maybe find a solution if anyone knows this model.

I had the exact problem in the 90s with a Magna, also with an aftermarket alarm.

The keypad could have a flat battery, easy to fix.

One time when Mitsubishi gave up and the warranty ran out the dealer gave us the number of the person who installed them. What i found interesting was he would fit a new battery and then tune the keypad for maximum distance by turning a tunning pot inside the keypad with a jewelers screw driver.

It was a regular problem.

If you wanted to switch off the unit i had, a key was supplied that was used to turn off the unit at the siren.

If you dont have a key type unit, you may just have to follow you wiring back from the siren box.

Thanks

The problem is that I don't know who fitted it. I guess one company did them all before they sold the crap. Got this info from the nrma guy, & a small 2 page manual made by Hyundai just specifies how to use it.

There is no siren...its just an immobiliser that if cant be disarmed renders the key useless in the ignition. When the remote battery is flat or the button on remote is stuffed, you can stick the remote under the steering column into a socket & that applies power to the remote as well as reading the code....but that dont work either. Now both of my remotes are stuffed

If I could get the code(stored in a PIC chip in remote) I could re-program, but they(Hyundai) wouldn't be forthcoming.....so my best & cheapest option is to bypass the POS & use the key to start it.
    PrecisionMods

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ljay View Post
    These POS cars have a after-market Immobilizer fitted(aus models) to them that gets armed/disarmed via the remote. If the remote dies,your stuffed.
    Anyway got the nrma roadservice guy(they have alot of info at there finger-tips..lol) to bypass it by bridging out a couple connections(starter relay contact as well as feeding the ignition wire with 12v which starts the car without a key..LMAO.
    Seeing as Hyundai hold you to randsom & want something like $200 for a new remote, I want to by-pass this crap immobilizer.
    I know its a long shot but anyone by any chance have a diagram so I can by-pass it & just use the key to enter & start the car??
    I'd take it to ur local auto electrician, he should be able to remove the system completely and warrant his work, might cost the same as a new remote at least you won't have to go down this road in future if u plan on keeping the car.

What you can do in the meantime is locate the immobiliser module in the dash, open it and look for any manufacturer markings on the PCB i.e model # rev # manufacturer etc. This will help locating the actual manufacturer and then we can go from there as to obtaining a schematic.
    Last edited by intelliGEORGE; 04-03-08 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Had a brain storming moment!

Thanks

You cant get a reprogammable remote and get it to learn your old one?
    Yes i know you still need to get your old one fixed to do that but disconnecting your immobilizer may void your insurance if your car gets stolen.

Thanks

True but the original remote would need to be functional in order to get the reprogrammable remote to learn the code. Do you know where I could get one of these(Jaycar etc??).
    Thanks for ypur replies
    PrecisionMods