Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Cricket Team Dummy Spit

Thanks

I saw some footage from the doco on Fox that was about the guy at the Mumbai test (dunno what it was called, and I hope channel 9 show it, though I doubt they will) and I was shocked. This guy is just about in a fight with a few other supporters who are acting like idiots. After the guy clams down a bit the security (I assume thats what a guy who has a gun and has "Commando" written on him) stands up, looks around and ........ walks off. Really if that was here someone would be been dragged away (at least in Melbourne or Adelaide where I've attended Test matches).

As for Bucknor being dropped, I'm not suprised, the ICC had to do something about the standard, but it will be interesting to see how India react to Bowden who replaces him, I would expect it is the same way. I have a funny feeling the BCCI know the "status" of the umpires and are exploiting this (international umpires have different levels).

As for India's power at the ICC table, its not just India its the whole damn subcontient, remember they changed the "chucking" rule TWICE (it wasn't just Sri Lanka, but India and Pakistan), as well as getting a few umpires fired from their jobs (Hair is the most prominent example).

As for 3rd umpires, I would agree with it if India could actually bowl 90 overs in a day, but they cant so they dont get the right to ask for this. Its pathetic that they cant do this with an extra 30 mins (Australia also) when Sheffield Shield sides used to go through 100 overs in a day (I think its back to 95 now, I havent been for a while as they are usually during the week or SA dont make it to the last day!).

Thanks

The Australians are notoriously bad sports. They tend to hurl a barrage of sledging and will get in the umpires face screaming and demanding a wicket.

People are getting sick of it and it's not the first time they have been called out on this. Just blindly agreeing with the Australian team is going to be detrimental to the game.

Thanks

hey Pat123 have look on this and tell me if this not bad sport from Indian side

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Well that sums it up then, both Indians and Australians are used to trying to cheat.

Hurray for cricket! It's joined every other sport with the likes of soccer's diving, AFL's pushes to the back and cycling's drug cheats.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MM_VCD View Post
    hey Pat123 have look on this and tell me if this not bad sport from Indian side

LOL thats classic, I do love the WG Grace comment. Maybe he thought it was backyard cricket and because he is a bad batsmen he gets two goes (or three as my sister used to get).

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Oh wait........

After further research, it would appear just like it's ..... always... been like every other sport.

All teams do it in all sports, if you put money/fame/lara bingle behind a sport, there's bound to be cheats.

Thanks

gotta say i been watching cricket for 40 years, some teams cry sourgrapes more than others(have a guess), the umps do get it wrong sometimes but yeah play the whistle and the game or go home

Thanks

Hit the nail on the head with this one rog99 "As for India's power at the ICC table, its not just India its the whole damn subcontient, remember they changed the "chucking" rule TWICE (it wasn't just Sri Lanka, but India and Pakistan), as well as getting a few umpires fired from their jobs (Hair is the most prominent example)." And why ?? because of the money generated, not only by crowds but by merchandising and the Indians know it hence the power. As for the chucking rule all the kids coming thru now in ten years time they will all have this bent arm action to give the ball that last bit of tweak as they whip the arm thru the ball .
    cheers h5

Thanks

Actually its not just the merchadising but the real $$ spinner is the TV rights. Cricket TV rights on the subcontinent demand huge sums of money. Its why the BCCI is one of the richest organisations in the world, and why the TV companies were so pissed when India was knocked out of the last world cup.

I agree about the bent arm, you have started to see every spinner have a go at it because they know they can get a better ball out of it.

Thanks

yep forgot to mention that one! When you have X amount of million subs on the subcontinent then you have a huge power base already setup,but to keep the interest you have to be deemed to be winning.
    Winning doesn't mean only winning on the pitch,it means winning politically so as to keep the fan base (winning not whining).Again it needs to be a sport that is accepted world wide (colonially) to be be percieved to be a power, It certainly keeps the money rolling in.
    Yep medium pacers and spinners will always be trying to get that (Murali) 15 degrees
    cheers h5

Thanks

Thanks

Anyone read the news where
    Indian captain Anil Kumble insisted Friday his efforts to ease simmering tensions with Australia had been ignored by opposition skipper Ricky Ponting.
    Just when things start to quiet down Kumble starts stirring the pot.
    Happy to be here......still

Thanks

The Indians are saying Harby swore at Roy in Punjabi and the word sounds like monkey. Maybe it was Maachaud = Mother****er.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    The Indians are saying Harby swore at Roy in Punjabi and the word sounds like monkey. Maybe it was Maachaud = Mother****er.
    From that site.....

Bhander= Monkey

If talking to Symonds, wouldn't he be a Rhander?...lol

Thanks

Just when things start to quiet down Kumble starts stirring the pot.
    and again he is at it, get over it india an play by the ump

Kumble was referring to a dubious catch Clarke took off Sourav Ganguly on the final day's play last Sunday. The India captain is almost certain to insist the fielding agreement be abandoned and will get no argument from Ponting's men after the trouble it caused in Sydney.

Thanks

Take a look at this.......another fine example of India thinking themselves above umpires.....

Thanks

I believed that catch to be good.But if referred to the tv umpire probably wouldn't have been given out, because it was inconclusive. Inconclusive due to the fact that none of the camera angles proved (hidden behind umpires legs ,not a clear pic into the hands) that it was out.
    As an aside why is the media calling for Pontings head.He turned down a catch because it didn't carry ,and then was beheaded because he appealed on a catch that was out (hit the pinky or top of the handle) .
    All this shit detracts from what a great great test match it was.The relief could be seen in the exuberance of the Aussie team immediately after the win,again which they were castigated for .
    As for India, don't go there
    cheers h5
    in ref to anyones' post . yep saw thatone DevilBoy, a law unto themselves comes to mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devil^Boy View Post
    Take a look at this.......another fine example of India thinking themselves above umpires.....

Already posted in post 23

Thanks

CRICKET'S SINNERS

Team offences since 1997

India - 43

Pakistan - 39

South Africa - 27

Australia - 25

England - 21

Sri Lanka - 18

Zimbabwe - 15

New Zealand - 14

West Indies - 13

Player Offences

Sourav Ganguly - 12

Inzamam ul-Haq - 11

Shoaib Akhtar - 7

Graeme Smith - 6

Glenn McGrath - 6

Harbhajan Singh - 5

full story -

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

That sums it up in my opinion.

They agreed with Australia to knock off the crap before the series and then start crying when Ponting reports it. India then whinge like they usually do.

Anyone that thinks Harby Singh is an innocent party has rocks in their head or has only seen what has been presented in a pro india media report.

The latest claims are he wasnt even aware of the word " monkey " as racial , despite a tour by Australia in India last year when the crowd chanted " monkey " at Symonds so much that they issued a crowd warning on the scoreboard which the crowd ignored and kept abusing him.

Singh must have hearing problems or be mentally retarded. He should except the fact that he did what he said he wouldnt do , cop the penalty and wake up to himself as the should the rest of the Indian team.

As to the allegation against Australia of arrogant , I think any team would have a certain level of arraogance being that succesfull and being the best team in the world for years.

If India wants to proove something , they should try winning a game instead of sooking like babies. It just shows how good we are ( yes an arrogant statement but true ) , they have hundreds of millions of cricketers to choose from compared to our very small population , yet we still kick their arse

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast