Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Cricket Team Dummy Spit

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Indian Cricket Team Dummy Spit

It's looks like the Indian cricket team might spit the dummy and take their bat and ball and go home.

Pity even though the third test was a dead rubber it still would have been a great game to watch.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I agree it just getting exciting with all the tension and agro.........

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well it looks like it's gonna be "Who's got the biggest Bat" as the BCCI have suspended the tour pending outcome of an Singh's appeal.

Thanks

For christ sake...
    Let the cry babies go home...talk about sore losers...
    If they cant accept it bad bloody luck.

Thanks

I'm as Australian as dating back to 1775 (apologies to indigenous Australians, but not $500 billion worth), but, what some of our cricketers did was shameful.
    When I played club cricket, if you knew you hit the ball with your bat, and it was caught, you walked.
    One certain batsman acknowledged he was out before the innings ended (and he ended up "not out"), is enough for me. 130 odd runs was roughly the difference.
    That difference alone, is enough to give the win to whoever they are playing at the moment.
    And, the umpiring was atrocious. How can you get out caught behind, if your bat is tucked 6 inches behind your leading pad???????????????
    Equal world record. I think NOT??????????????

Flame suit on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blind passion always wins.

Thanks

Nothing new for the Indian team to spit the dummy. Wouldn't be surprised if Harby Singh got off on appeal, India seems to have inordinate influence over the ICC.

Thanks

As I recall it was just as bad over in India under ultra hot conditions back when AB was captain.

Thanks

Its interesting to see this comments about the "dummy spit" because ABC news was reporting at 2pm this arvo that they were definately going to keep playing, and the BCCI has had to come out and correct our media. They might skip the game in Canberra but thats just an ACT XI game so they probably dont care about it too much.

As for Symonds standing there, I have no real problem with that, there have been batsmen that have been hearlded by the public and they have stated they would stay there until the umpire gave them out (Steve Waugh is a fine example). Always play to what the umpire says (or in the sport I play, which is Ice Hockey, we say always play to the whistle, never stop until it goes), and thats what Symonds did. As for his actions in the media (saying that he hit it) thats a different story. Its funny they can say no comment about other issues but cant say it about this.

As for the umpiring, well that really was a pitiful effort through out the game, the Indians got the worst of it, but there were bad calls both ways. I think the Umps lost all confidence (I know it happened when I umpired) and started making worse and worse decisions (this was pretty obvious).

Oh and lastly Channel 9, get your facts straight before making accusations about people. Cricket Australia even told you what was going on with respect to the reporting of Singh but of course it wasn't right in your story for bagging Ponting, so you have to make up facts. At least the ABC did the right thing and reported the story correctly after having been told by CA what was going on. Al

Ssrattus, Harby will get off on appeal though the attitude that "Monkey" isn't a racist word (its not what rule 3.3 states though "Using language or gestures that offends, insults, intimidates, threats, disparages, or vilifies one person on the basis of the persons race, religion, gender, colour, discent, or national or ethinic origin) so it going to be an intersting case. It would be good if they could actually make the full result public but they wont.

BTW: The Aussies acted like tossers at the end of the match, thats probably the MOST emabarrsing part of the whole game IMHO.

Thanks

the australian team cops all the crap over there but we dont have to put up with it here let them go home then we have won
    Been there done that

Thanks

Test Cricket is about a testing ones abilities to the max & sometimes that means testing your ability to cope with mistakes made by umpires or even players & get on with things. The Aussies do that, & are currently the best at it! The Aussies also use those Umpire mistakes to the best of their ability, and thats not to say they haven't been on the end of some shocker decisions against them. You listen to most top level cricketers who say the good & bad decisions even out in the long run. The poor old Indians are just piss poor sore losers at the moment!
    If any one is acting outside the spirit of the game it's that Turban Tweaker(Singh) for being a racist mug. 3 games is a joke of a penalty! The crowds back on the India tour gave "Roy" a bloody hard time of it as did some Indian players. You didn't hear the Aussies crying about it & threatening to go home.
    The Indians should be concerned about their own affairs & make sure their players are playing by the rules before accusing Pontings men of it. And those Indian officials should pull their head in & go about complaining in the right manner, not stirring up trouble in the media & get headlines for themselves here & back home. They all sit there at the press conferences trying to be the center of attention.
    As far as in the spirit of the game, the Aussies are in the spirit of "winning". But only what the Umpires let them do. It's up to the ICC to come up with umpires that can handle the situations competently.
    Like most other teams who think they are martyrs of the game, keep on playing like that & keep losing! Who cares.
    At the end of the day the Aussies are being hated worldwide for winning, so they might as well keep winning & taking advantage of the rules as ALL other countries do anyway!
    Thats my rant.... I'm a proud Aussie!
    Happy to be here......still

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Maybe we'll start chucking next, that test was disgraceful shite.

Thanks

Default unlikely

I'd like to see the Australians say " O.k. he can play and you can supply your umpires."

There would be 2 possible outcomes.

We win and they loose face.

They win , and gain a win with no value.

regards flicker

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flicker View Post
    I'd like to see the Australians say " O.k. he can play and you can supply your umpires."

regards flicker
    Sounds like a great idea.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by flicker View Post

regards flicker
    I could agree to that Flicker, and like your thinking, but somehow I can't see the ICC letting go now..

Thanks

I used to play competition cricket in my younger days and the umpires decision was final.You take it on the chin and move on.
    The Indians behavior is disgraceful and if they want to sook let them pack their handbags and go home.

Thanks

The umpires have been replaced for the Perth test by the ICC. BCCI 1 - 0.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Both the Australian and Indian teams met before the series beginning and agreed there would be no racial sledging of any kind. The Indian crowds were an utter disgrace when Australia was recently there and if we were to act like they did we would be thrown out of any arena in this country. If anyone has seen footage of what happened in India , they will know what a disgrace their crowds are by anyones standards.

Ricky Ponting correctly reported a racial jibe that was made at Symonds. I have no doubt the Indians would do the same. It was agreed there would be none of this kind of behaviour under any circumstances.

There is no doubt the umpiring was of a poor standard , it was certainly the worst I have ever seen by Steve Buckner. But like players , umpires also put in the occasional bad performance. I have seen plenty of performances that have been as bad or worse by umpires of almost every nationality including Australia and everyone has taken it on the chin and moved on.

But no matter what happens , we have umpires for a reason and their decision is final. We also have discliplinary panels to deal with serious complaints. Singh was found guilty and I cant see how he is being " hard done by " by getting a 3 match suspension.

I see that Buckner has now been removed for the next match which was what India demanded. They have also demanded that Singh's 3 match penalty be removed.

With India's carry on , the whole game must now totally change with every single decision going to a third umpire as they have now opened a gigantic can of worms.

As to those who are bagging Australia , I can only presume that the tall poppy syndrome is at work as usual. They play hard and they have abided by all umpiring decisions. In the end , it was an absolutely fantastic win , one of the best I have seen but it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

It would seem that India seem to think they have the ability to control and dictate what the policies and decisions of the ICC should be.

My 2 cents anyway

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Cricket and tennis, in my opinion, have both digressed from "polite sports", to win at all costs....professionalism and money I guess.

A good number of teams/players ( not all) appear to show little respect to umpires/referees.

I believe it is time for these players to be treated with similar rules that apply in soccer/ football etc.

If the ref/umpire sees or hears behaviour that should not be tolerated (swearing/abuse etc), immediately issue a yellow warning card, and if conduct occurs again in the game, show them the red card, and send them off. This forces more discipline and peer group pressure on a player not to let down his/ her team by leaving them one short.

This might sort them all out...coz as far as I see it, all countries do the same, and many are creating poor role models for junior players to look up to.

Anyhow, my thoughts only, and I don't expect everyone to agree...just some food for thought.

Thanks

To drop Bucknor as Umpire next test is probably a good move. At least the Indians think they have won something.
    Whats the bet Singh will get off as well.
    Indian highrachy seem to have the ICC by the balls.
    Every time they grizzle about something that doesn't go their way they stamp their feet like spoilt little shits until they get their way!
    GO HOME YOU STUPID LITTLE PEOPLE! WHO CARES IF YOU DO?
    Good time for a couple of matches against "Australia A" side. Pit the up & comers against the incumbents. Or have a quick couple of games against the Kiwis. I'm sure they would be up to the challenge. At least those fellas have a bit of a go & don't winge as much.
    Just thinking, how would you like to be the captain of the Aussies on the next tour of India? Whats the bet Ponting won't be.
    Happy to be here......still

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebnic View Post
    I'm as Australian as dating back to 1775 (apologies to indigenous Australians, but not $500 billion worth), but, what some of our cricketers did was shameful.
    When I played club cricket, if you knew you hit the ball with your bat, and it was caught, you walked.
    One certain batsman acknowledged he was out before the innings ended (and he ended up "not out"), is enough for me. 130 odd runs was roughly the difference.
    That difference alone, is enough to give the win to whoever they are playing at the moment.
    And, the umpiring was atrocious. How can you get out caught behind, if your bat is tucked 6 inches behind your leading pad???????????????
    Equal world record. I think NOT??????????????

Flame suit on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blind passion always wins.

I personally dont have a problem with players hanging around and waiting for the umpires to give them out. As for me, i would walk.

What i want to know what India would have done differrent if they were in our place? You can guarantee that they would have done exactly the same plus more. If im not mistaken Ponting said that he didnt catch a ball in the slips in the first innings. I have been playing sport now for 22 years and guess what? Umpires, refs and officials get it wrong. Its part of life and human nature to make mistakes. That said however, as a sporting official they may not always be right. But as a player they are never wrong. I am yet to see anyone change their mind if you blow up at them.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast