Thread: your thoughts and opinions on PTZ cameras

Thanks

Default your thoughts and opinions on PTZ cameras

hey all i'm in the maket for getting myself a ptz and want your thoughts on a few that i have selected and your advise on and experiances with these types of cams......
    i have been reading this section for the last few days and alot of u guys know your sh*t so who better to ask then you then some sales guy looking to meet his quota lol...... ok here is one i was looking at

SONY RZ25P PTZ Dual Compression IP Camera Audio_ 18x Zoom Lens_ 440K Pixels_ Day/Night mode_ 25fps SNCRZ25P...... best price i can get it for is $1282
    the 2nd one is
    The 'indoor' speed dome:

12X Infrared Day & Night Super Hi-Res. IP Mini Fast Dome Camera,
    540/600TVL, 3.8~45.6mm 0.3 Lux F1.6 AC24V, D1 H.264 Compression
    $1,576.00+GST or $1350 cash from ICU the cam itself is a LI LIN

3rd option is
    Axis AX214 IP CAM, PTZ, 18X OPT. ZOOM 704x576i, JPEG-MPEG, 25FPS 0.3LUX COL, AUDIO, IR CUT
    $1684
    and last option is u guys what can u do for me ????

another thing is i would like your thoughts on "POE" or go with the external option? and want something with full fuction web browsing.....
    cheers
    trev

Look Here ->
    Thanks

anyone ????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

What are you trying to achieve with the PTZ? Is it going to be set up in a way it will auto pan tilt and zoom a specific area?

Thanks

yeah pretty much have u been to a web site where u can take control of the cam and look around
    well i want to do the same sorta thing

Thanks

long story short me and the wife to be are going to thailand (phuket) nov next year to tie the knot then we are buying a condo (foreign freehold) over there a lot of people ask why i say why not for the price of most weddings these days i can go to thailand tie the knot and buy a condo for $50,000 to $60,000

so this why i was asking about the cams with full web browsing capability
    and advise would be great any recomendations as well
    cheers
    trev

Thanks

Personally I'd spend a little extra for a Megapixel solution. Megapixels allow for a whole scene to be recorded and then later "virtual pan, tilt, zoom". The disadvantage of mechanical PTZ's in todays technology is you can only record what the camera is panned, tilted or zoomed in to. IP Megapixel cameras have onboard web servers, some even have SDHC built in so the need for a DVR is redundant, all that is needed is an internet connection and a web browser at your end.

In saying this, I'd look into the ISP's in Thailand as, Steve aka Ip Alarms has pointed out, they are not crash hot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Personally I'd spend a little extra for a Megapixel solution. Megapixels allow for a whole scene to be recorded and then later "virtual pan, tilt, zoom". The disadvantage of mechanical PTZ's in todays technology is you can only record what the camera is panned, tilted or zoomed in to. IP Megapixel cameras have onboard web servers, some even have SDHC built in so the need for a DVR is redundant, all that is needed is an internet connection and a web browser at your end.

In saying this, I'd look into the ISP's in Thailand as, Steve aka Ip Alarms has pointed out, they are not crash hot.
    yeah i have heard the same thing about there isp's over there i thought megapixel cam's would be the go what if i did'nt really want it for recording just to view while i was away as i would pretty much make it like an open access cam for other people to view and use.....
    what would u recomended in the way of a megapixel cam ?

Thanks

Personally, I like the mobotix range, I have been fortunate enough to get my hands on some to demo.

This video illustrates what one IP megapixel camera can do as opposed to traditional PTZ, notice at the end of the clip what the entire image looks like. The controller follows the person virtually yet the whole area is being recorded.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g8CVxqewLY"]Mobotix Q24 360° 3Mega Pixel IP camera[/ame]

This second video is an intro to Mobotix from a tech perspective.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChqWds5BkLY&NR=1"]Q24 Review[/ame]

A camera like this costs about $1850 RRP, put in a 32GB SD card and you are looking at approx 48hr recording on board. Always handy to have some sort of recording.

Thanks

that looks awesome clear sharp image...i might have to get one of these in the near future for home........i was after something that has an in build sever as you said just plug it into the internet and your done with the funtionality of live streaming moving around and zooming in differant area's around the town e.t.c
    but having said that i know in places in thailand (phuket)there internet is'nt that great and will most likely play a big part of the camera's preformance and streaming quality so i'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place as i'm not upto cratch with this ..
    there are a few webcams that i have found that live stream in thailand with good streaming quality but are fixed cams the other option is buy a few fixed cams with the zooming option .....
    your a man of expertise in this field do u think i;m wasting my time with the PTZ cam....
    and would a few fixed cams with zoom option be a better way to go ?
    cheers
    trev