Thread: infinity usb card clone prob

Thanks

Default infinity usb card clone prob

hi everyone, i am not well versed in card programming at all. I am trying to copy a 16F84A card with the infinity usb 'phoenix compatible.' I am finding this very hard to do. I tried using the clone card function but it says that the card is protected, I don't know what to do now and I don't want to risk stuffing up my card, I read that that can happen. Well, any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanx all.

Look Here ->
    Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

I have a Infinity USB programmer. It was my first programmer. Didn't know much at the time. Found the software was USB, Phoenix etc. Tried all. Didn't know what phoenix meant (at the time).

Then realised, I had ONLY a USB programmer. Phoenix is an additional lead required to be connected to your com port. The programmer MUST have this connection.

So programming just about ANYTHING was going to be a problem.

I found you could really only:
    1. erase card
    2. load pic .hex
    3. load eeprom.hex

This worked well and you can load Irdeto files as long as they are a hex file.
    Creating a hex file or converting one is another matter.

If your programmer is a true phoenix model, then yes you should be able to make any other type of card. What you would probably do is, use the USB programmer to connect (COM PORT 1).
    Then use ANOTHER programming software, eg FM400, to do the extraction or writing. The USB programmer is the BASE connection softwrae.

With 99% of programming softwares, they are default connected to com port 1. You need to be able to communicate with your card first. Once that connection is there, you can use any other program to write.
    Cheers, Saintaholic