Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The federal government cutting carer bonus???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Default The federal government cutting carer bonus???

The federal government cutting carer bonus

Just when you think things can't get any worse
    Can they do this,does this seem possible
    For all those people looking after family members and friends
    who have a severe disability this is just one more kick to the
    head.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Look Here ->
    I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

It’s disgusting. I know someone who cares for their mother who is bed ridden with heart problems, insulin dependent diabetes and cancer. She (the carer) gets some really small payment from Centrelink. Perhaps the problem is these people are not classed as ”working families” by Mr KRudd.

Can't wait till the May budget what else do these people have hidden away to slash and burn.

Thanks

Guess mr rudd wants to be voted out of next election .. wot a dumb ass ! just think I voted for this prick !
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

Yep the dumb asses voted him in.
    And now they'll have to sit back and watch him **** up the place.

Thanks

Ah, the human face of the caring, sharing Krudd gov.

Thanks

well they just canned the over 65 bonus too

Tagg

Thanks

yep - dental care is slashed after just 3 months, upgrading public school toilet and washroom is cut, computer per child in school is cut and more to come.
    and he will blame little johnny for everything.

Wellcome to Keating time - slash everything, jack up interest to 18% !!!!!!!!!!
    but spend money on rubbish projects:

Thanks

I think its about time we cut their salary and see if they if can live on min wages.

Tagg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tagg View Post
    I think its about time we cut their salary and see if they if can live on min wages.

Tagg

he will not have bloody idea whats real live is - dont forget that he and wife got millions plus he got now free house and full time servants to look after him and all family

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MM_VCD View Post
    he will not have bloody idea whats real live is - dont forget that he and wife got millions plus he got now free house and full time servants to look after him and all family
    a company CEO earns shitloads more than Prime Minister does...LOL
    pm- $600K
    CEO- $6M

Thanks

I said to my wife we can't trust this snake looking creep
    Looks like I was right,I hope his grandmother bashes him
    when he goes there for dinner at Christmas
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micksxboxmods View Post
    a company CEO earns shitloads more than Prime Minister does...LOL
    pm- $600K
    CEO- $6M
    yep and normal person around 60 grand a year and from that u have to pay travel cost and bits.
    pm - around 200 000 a year but free car and air travel, best super u could want, free housing in best spot in sydney which comes with 6 ppl to look after u from cooking or to wipe off ur ass.

and even if u stuff up this country and ppl chuck u out in 3 years u still treated as king - just have look on that idiot keating

btw. it was rudd who was saying that by selling power grids here in qld everyone will pay about 100 bucks less a year - bloody bullshit, in one year power bill went up about 150 and more to come this year and he now saying to ppl in nsw how they going to be better off by selling everything to private company's - just same as keatting and little johnny.

Thanks

This sort of payment should be means tested!
    I don't agree with taking it away from the people that absolutely need it, but there are a lot out there that own there house or have money in the bank that don't REALLY need it. There the ones that it should be cut from first.
    I used to be a carer in the days when we got $600, never realised it's now up to $1600.
    But that $600 would sort of get you back on track financially with Electricity bills etc. In those days we couldn't even afford to have the phone on so you could imagine the financial stress we were under, let alone the physical & mental stress from the person I was caring for.
    This payment was started as a vote winning payment by Lib's.
    Labour never promised to keep it did they?
    Happy to be here......still

Thanks

How much would it cost the Government to get some one here to look after
    my wife? A damm lot more than that $1600 bonus I think.

Thanks

YES YES, we've all heard about it, We all new it would happen, No one bothered to plug in there brains before the election, and now the labour government is back in power,
    Strikes, power cuts, wage cuts, unemployment, high intrest rates, we've seen it all before, and no doubt will see it again.
    Most people are plain bloody stupid, they simply can't leave something alone that's working, they have to try and improve it.

There was a case the other day, some bloke advertised a hovel for rent in Newtown, at $350 bucks a week. So the great unwashed labour voters arrived and some fool got the lease for something like $550 a week.

And so it goes, now watch the banks stick the boot in again, and we will have ever-more bank for-closures, Simply because Mr and Mrs Labour voter, didn't like the current system. Next thing we know they will scrap the employment laws and we will have people employing dick-heads, who they can't sack, the result will be business won't hire, if they can't sack, so once again we have huge unemployment figures . And Kev will blame everyone but himself.

The bloody labour Government couldn't manage two cows accross a field, never mind run the country, and the labour state governments are having a field day, kissing kev's arse for more handouts.

Anyway I hope the intrest rates go through the roof, I'll make more on my investments. So there will be winners to come out of all this, and it's Orrible little shits like me.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poddy View Post
    This payment was started as a vote winning payment by Lib's.
    4 years before the election wasnt it ?? If so , thats what you call getting early....real early

Its all starting to look exactly as I pictured it. Which is why I voted Liberal for the first time in my life. I wish others had a closer look at the big picture instead of voting on " we need a change " , " I dont like him " , " he's been in to long ".

I see Wayne Swann is still blaming the Liberal party for everything from global warming to interest rates. He cant seem to accept the fact that the banks treat him as some sort of village idiot and openly laugh at him when he tries to tell them what they can and cant do. They are even laughing at kRudd as well now unfortunately when he makes threats at banks.

I dont want to sound too doom and gloomish but I think Bassett is pretty close to the mark.

I was not a fan of the industrial relations system at all , but due to a good economy and low unemployment it was working and working well. Employment flourished. A lot of people are going to be worse off with the industrial relations system changed back again. Over the last 3 years , their has been active employment even in my local area which is notorious for a poor employment rate.

Enter Labor. Change every single thing possible. Business confidence dives almost underground like it has now. Unemployment rates go up. Unions will call in all their favours that got kRudd elected , and will be very pissed off when they dont get what they want. Strikes appear on a scale not seen for many years. Record numbers of people who are too used to living in good times , will go bankrupt or lose their houses and need to rent. The wealthy come in and snap up all the mortgagee auctions for a song and rent them back out making millions.

Add to that a motley collection of state Labor governments that couldnt organise a **** in a brothel with a handfull of fifties , and you've got Australia in a year or two.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

It's been the same for the last 200 yrs and will be the same for the next 200. Stop whinging and begin a revolution!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    4 years before the election wasnt it ?? If so , thats what you call getting early....real early .....
    Timeline:
    Initial Carer Payment paid from 1 September 2004
    Election was on 9th October 2004

Mmmmm, the cynic in me knows why it was introduced, but at the time I wasn't going to argue because I was on carer allowance.
    Well we all know Liberal survived that election in 2004...surprise surprise.

Thanks

Cant blame the labour party for discontinuing liberal party policies, i have no doubt labour will come up with their own policy for pensioners in their first budget that will be fair and equitable. personally i never thought it very fair that carers and old age pensioners were getting bonuses but actual disabled pensioners got nothing extra themselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diggler View Post
    Cant blame the labour party for discontinuing liberal party policies, i have no doubt labour will come up with their own policy for pensioners in their first budget that will be fair and equitable. personally i never thought it very fair that carers and old age pensioners were getting bonuses but actual disabled pensioners got nothing extra themselves.
    It's as B4L said previously Diggler,
    "How much would it cost the Government to get some one here to look after
    my wife? A damm lot more than that $1600 bonus I think".

Carers are the backbone of a cronic disabled persons rehab or sustained quality of life. Without carers the country would be in far worse shape financially trying to support people with cronic disabilities.
    It's in the best interests of the Govt to look after the Carers.

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast