Thread: Dm7020 remote control

Thanks

Default Dm7020 remote control

Hi guys
    Will start a new thread.. this way it wont get lost in the 7020 clone thread..

Has anyone managed to program their TV with the dm7020 remote?
    From the handbook the sequence to do this is push the "TV Mode Button" then hold down Shift for about 3 seconds which will cause the "TV mode button" to flash twice.
    This is where it goes pear shaped for me as instead of the TV button flashing twice the DREAM button flashes twice.
    If i continue and put in a 4 digit code, the remote doesn't recognize this (its supposed to flash the TV mode button twice again for a valid code..)

Anyone care to give enlighten, or can tell me where I am going wrong.. it should seem fairly straight forward you would think...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Jason, sounds like you are doing the right thing and getting the wrong result. I've had a couple of issues with the remote and had to get a replacement once. If all else fails (and you can't claim on warranty) I have a spare new one which you could trade or buy for a small sum.

Thanks

You could try removing the batteries and then replacing them...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsbysa View Post
    Hi Jason, sounds like you are doing the right thing and getting the wrong result. I've had a couple of issues with the remote and had to get a replacement once. If all else fails (and you can't claim on warranty) I have a spare new one which you could trade or buy for a small sum.
    I guess if I read the manual right, what Im doing should be right.. Is this what others are doing to program the "TV" button for their TV?
    Other than programming the TV, everything else seems to be working without any issues.
    Also as everything else is working OK, Im not sure about the batteries but will give it a go.
    Does the DM, or the TV have to be on/off to program for the TV?

Thanks

It could very well be that you need the original Dream flash image to use some of the features described in the manual and not Gemini etc.

I would suggest that it would be a backward step in more ways than desired.

I also doubt your remote is faulty.

Thanks

Z, thanks. I doubt it is faulty either, so far there has been no other problems with it.
    There was a post not so long ago about programming the JP1 interface on the remote, with some software. I will prob end up giving this a shot when i can head down to the electronics store to pick a few things up..
    I would think it wouldnt matter what image you are running on the box, as it the remote still works without a box - I can still try and follow the command sequence to program a TV and it should still do the same thing

Thanks

Never actually heard of anyone trying what you're doing.

maybe we should email DMM and ask them how to do it....

Thanks

A friend of mine had an issue with programming TV codes as well, not sure if exactly the same as your problem. The remote is an independent device so I doubt it has anything to do with the image you have on your box.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsbysa View Post
    A friend of mine had an issue with programming TV codes as well, not sure if exactly the same as your problem. The remote is an independent device so I doubt it has anything to do with the image you have on your box.

Are you serious?

Thanks

I have a clone 7020 with gemini and the tv side of the remote works fine I was lucky that the factory settings matched my lg tv

Thanks

I would use a learning remote to do everything in the room.

alltronics have them for about $15.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasoni View Post
    Hi guys
    Will start a new thread.. this way it wont get lost in the 7020 clone thread..

Has anyone managed to program their TV with the dm7020 remote?
    From the handbook the sequence to do this is push the "TV Mode Button" then hold down Shift for about 3 seconds which will cause the "TV mode button" to flash twice.
    This is where it goes pear shaped for me as instead of the TV button flashing twice the DREAM button flashes twice.
    If i continue and put in a 4 digit code, the remote doesn't recognize this (its supposed to flash the TV mode button twice again for a valid code..)

Anyone care to give enlighten, or can tell me where I am going wrong.. it should seem fairly straight forward you would think...
    If u have a sony tv, it will work straight away without entering any codes. guess it's the default