Thread: PS3 - Buy now or wait till after christmas

Thanks

Default PS3 - Buy now or wait till after christmas

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a new PS3 console, but the current round of bundled offerings from retailers looks very lame to me. I'm wondering if I'm better off waiting till after christmas to buy a new console. Is there anyone out there in the retail sector with some insight into this. Is sony likely to make any changes to the retail price of their consoles after the xmas rush?

I even considered getting a new Bravia with a console thrown in, but that deal seems to have finished.
    “There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary – and those who don’t”

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If you are serious about getting a new tv - shop around with your local retailers to see what's the best price they can do for a bundle deal - tv + console. Also in this process you might get some heads up on future packages/prices. Also enquire if they are having a discount day i.e. 15% off as this could also be a deal breaker.

Personally, I guess its really down to what you see as value, as our family recently purchased one of the last XBox 360 packages with Forza 3 (specifically why we chose this platform) and have noted subsequently that they don't package this game with the console! Glad in this case we did not wait for a better deal, as always hard to know what marketing i initiative is around the corner!
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein