Thread: Any Aurora Ird1 Loggers??

Thanks

Question Any Aurora Ird1 Loggers??

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyones still logging Aurora Ird1 - might require EMK update if someone would be so kind.....see post -

Just can't seem to get my backup card to receive the subscription card (authorised IRd1 v1.6 Aurora) channels....i think i have exhausted pretty much every avenue of card tricks but feel free to add/comment. If anyone is logging could you pm me and i'll provide necessary deets.

Cheers

Griffo

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Irdeto 1 emks are sent every 30ish mins so if it dont update then you have a problem. if you start logging now you will have them all quickly.

Thanks

Has anyone said that some cards just don't work in some boxes. If you think the card is right just try it in another brand of box.

Thanks

Unhappy

Yeah guys, my optus card loads pics no dramas, however my backup card does not load any of the standard channels i.e. ABC-SA, ABC-Qld etc. The back up card has exactly the same details as official card and i'm wondering seeings as i have reprogrammed from scratch, reloaded details (LMedit) why my backup card won't pull pics. No issues with Strong box, official card works fine in this. I've calc'd EMK from FMcard PMK and HMK dumps of original card.....i can only guess if i've done this wrong or card has spat out incorrect numbers giving my backup an incorrect EMK..hence the call to any friendly loggers to check it out for me....if the EMK is the same as i'm using then i think i'm screwed. Tried on brand new cards and known working cards so stuffed if i know now....very weird.

Loggers out there????

Cheers

Griffo
    Last edited by griffo; 21-12-09 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks

Put your PID HSN & HMK on a wafer pop it in your decoder and if you dont have pics in an hour your details are wrong or your wafer is faulty.
    Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.

Thanks

Talking

Rocket,

I've tried everything else so are you suggesting scrub all deets (FF FF FF & 00 00 00) every detail bar PrId HSN HMK??? I was even up the roof checking dish today...while i got ya is there any reason why i get 96% strength and 97% quality for D3 (full lock) and can't get anymore than 82% & 25% for C1(no lock). Like i said before my official card works no drama's and i have a few wafers that haven't seen much action all with official deets on........f%$ked if i know now....not that there's much to gain to put so much effort into, the sheer fact is i hate being beaten by things like this so i kinda go on a mission for the sake of it lol...good to be relearning everything from the past if nothing else.

Cheers

Griffo

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griffo View Post
    is there any reason why i get 96% strength and 97% quality for D3 (full lock) and can't get anymore than 82% & 25% for C1(no lock
    D3 is a bit more powerful than C1, but I suspect your quality difference is due to LNB skew (or even a dodgy LNB itself).

If you are comparing a vertical transponder on one sat and horizontal on the other, try adjusting LNB skew.

Thanks

Cheers MTV,

Thats my next step, i don't think anything has shifted out there, besides what i shifted today, but will check out skew (45.8 degrees - dishpointer.com) This is probably a little off thread but if my legit aurora card is picking up channels are these coming off D3 and why wouldn't wafer with same deets do the same??? surely the strength/quality on C1 would not produce pics on legit card. I'm guessing D3 skew must be close to where lnb is currently set to get such big S/Q numbers or is this roughly same as C1? I'll keep tinkering lol.

Griffo
    Last edited by griffo; 23-12-09 at 01:19 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

If you are getting Pictures using your Legit Aurora card, then there is no need to adjust the dish or LNB,

sounds like something is wrong with your card, maybe a faulty card, or not programmed correctly,

if all else fails try a new card, & try to program that.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Thanks

Smile

Its possible that if one wafer is misprogrammed incorrectly then the other two i have are likely to be incorrect to. I have blanked, reloaded eeprom and pic (Ghostgold 2.2.6 -from memory) on the newest card and then reloaded legit card deets with LMedit. I'd like to think i am fairly thorough with my programming procedure and work off documents produced by whiteox etc. My understanding tho was if the Sat box recognised card at the minimum you would get scrambled channel message (as I am) otherwise if incorrectly programmed the card would not complete "initialising" process in box. Fair chance i'm wrong in my interpretation.....could it also be possible that eeprom memory after rewrites and inline updates of PK's etc has made eeprom corrupt/cactus?

It may just be time to upgrade to at minimum a silver to avoid gold shortcomings, is there other cards that would be worth looking at from a junior hobbiest point of view.

Cheers

Griffo

Premium Member
    Thanks

Do you get any errors (at all) when programming the Card,

should be no errors, & usually finishes with verified successfully, etc...

Thanks

Smile

Osirus,

Yeah mate no errors at all, its a strange one hence the post in loggers area. Is it possible that the legit card EMK has changed and either tho i done the dump of legit card for HMK and PMK in Fmcard one of the values are not correct from that dump hence incorrect HMK. I could be something simple but i reckon i've covered just about everything...it may be worth just getting a virgin card and starting again. The only other thing and tell me if i'm wrong, is firmware running in Strong 4653X, it's the latest version April 09 (from memory) give or take a month off Strong website...is it necessary to run a patched version? hmmm clutching at straws now....

Cheers for your input Osirus

Griffo

Premium Member
    Thanks

I have some interesting feedback that may be related

A few weeks back my Goldie suddenly stopped working. It was running in a Humax fine for months. When I hooked it up to a GW server it seemed it would not get the right emm/ecm hits or updates.

Out of interest I pulled out a couple of other decoders Openbox and Opentel and within minutes it was running again. Place the card back in the Hummy and it would only last a few hours.???

Now the Hummy has had nothing done to it. All I can think of is that the stream must have been changed.. (hey ...we are always getting screwed)

I would love to get the Goldie working back on the Hummy however I have shelved this as another project for the future. Also I would love to connect the openbox or opentel to the GW server but for some reason this does not work either... ideas anyone?

This may not be related to your problem but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by griffo View Post
    Osirus,

Yeah mate no errors at all, its a strange one hence the post in loggers area. Is it possible that the legit card EMK has changed and either tho i done the dump of legit card for HMK and PMK in Fmcard one of the values are not correct from that dump hence incorrect HMK. I could be something simple but i reckon i've covered just about everything...it may be worth just getting a virgin card and starting again. The only other thing and tell me if i'm wrong, is firmware running in Strong 4653X, it's the latest version April 09 (from memory) give or take a month off Strong website...is it necessary to run a patched version? hmmm clutching at straws now....

Cheers for your input Osirus

Griffo
    the HMK & the HSN should NOT change, The PMK changes when an EMK is received over the air,

Compare the HMK & other details you get from FMCard to the original Details you had,

But if you think you have done everything right, & still not working

Can you try your card in another Irdeto embedded receiver like a Humax 5400 or a Pace 488 or Supernet 488 or an Irdeto1 cam,

Strong STB's are Conax embedded, & some Strong STB's (& firmware) have trouble starting an irdeto card,

Just another thought ,

Good Luck
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 23-12-09 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks

Smile

Yep I read that on the forum last night....might have to try kick starting the card in another box...or invest in something that isn't so fussy lol

Cheers Osirus

Griffo