Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NASA Moon Anomolies

Thanks

Default NASA Moon Anomolies

Hi all

I was trawling through the NASA website while at work today and came across a gallery of a couple of the Apollo missions, So while browsing the gallery I get to thinking that maybe, there just maybe an image with a strange anomoly depicted. I was thinking along the lines, shadows going going in two different directions, but no such luck, I then spotted a number of images of the Lunar Rover and became intrigued by at least 4 of the images.

In all the images of lunar vehilces, you can clearly see the footprints or more correctly bootprints left by the astronauts, However, upon closer inspection, for the life of me, I cannot see any vehicle tracks either immediately behind or immediately in front of each wheel of the lunmar rover/vehicle, I know it sounds strange, but I will you all judge for youselves, only in one of the images can the vehicle tracks be seen, and they are seen in the immediate foreground of the image, but no track tracks or impressions in the lunar around the wheels!

So how did the lunar vehicle get to the position as shown in the images without leaving wheel marks?

Below are links to the images I came across, see for yourselves.
    in this image, if you click the HI-RES you should clearly seen the astronaut footprints yet no vehicle tracks?

This is another image where there are no traces of vehicle tracks, well none that I can see, plenty of bootprints though.

Here is another image, plenty of prints from the astronauts boots, but severe lack of track marks impressions from the vehicle's wheels, which may lead one to ask, how did it get to that position?

One again no wheel impressions, but plenty of boot prints.

Have a look for yourselves, and let you be the judge.
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

They obviously carried it there & thn put it straight down. It only weighs 1/7 as much doesn't it.
    OR
    the tyres have a boot-like tread to make the moon people think there is a whole army just landed.

Thanks

I just had a look in Hi resolution, at the photos you posted osci and have to agree with you, I couldn't see any tire tracks either, although I do recall having seen other photos where tracks are visible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDuck View Post
    I just had a look in Hi resolution, at the photos you posted osci and have to agree with you, I couldn't see any tire tracks either, although I do recall having seen other photos where tracks are visible.
    agree Blackduck, I also have seen other images where you can clearly see the tyre tracks, but for the life of me I can't see them in the ones I posted.

Thanks

Time to email NASA osci and ask them why

Thanks

Okay odds on - as said, the vehicle chassis is carried and the remainder of it is put together on the spot.

Good find though.

Edit -In all series, the 'tyres' are covered in a fine mesh and track - I'd say to minimise trails. Mebbe, just mebbe having regard weightlessness, you'd not get much by way of tracks? If I have another drink I'd thinks so anyhow:-)
    Last edited by Keepleft; 24-12-09 at 08:17 PM.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

The first picture I cannot see clearly, but it looks like the sun is alligned with the tracks.

The second the tracks would be from the right. The angle of the sun is again not real helpful.

The third it appears there are tracks to the front of the vehicle (left) so it may have been reversed into the current position. It is also possible that the vehicle came into field from the right over rocky surface and the tracks are not visible.

The last appears to be at the landing site. Probably when the vehicle was lowered off the LEM and before it was moved. The text is mentioning that the astronauts had made some repairs to it.

Overall, nothing sinister with any of these photos, except that grey alien camouflaged against one of the rocks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    The last appears to be at the landing site. Probably when the vehicle was lowered off the LEM and before it was moved.
    I am not a sceptic however, there is a lot of dirt, sorry MOON DUST on the wheels for a vehicle that has just been placed on the moon from the LEM.

Correct me if I am wrong but IF it had just finished 380,000 thousand km trip to the moon, wouldn't it be in clean room condition??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krustyone View Post
    I am not a sceptic however, there is a lot of dirt, sorry MOON DUST on the wheels for a vehicle that has just been placed on the moon from the LEM.

Correct me if I am wrong but IF it had just finished 380,000 thousand km trip to the moon, wouldn't it be in clean room condition??
    I'd imagine the descent rocket blasted up a fair bit of crap as the LEM descended.

Thanks

The image I find extremely interesting is the AS16-110-17960 (22 April 1972), 3rd image/link down.

Its obvious in this image, when the image was taken that it was some distanace away from the lunar module, the vehicle appears to have been backed up/reversed to its position, and when you look at area in in front of the vehicle there are no signs of wheel tracks? well I can't see any anyway?

as I said earlier, there are plenty of boot prints from the astronauts!
    Last edited by osci; 29-12-09 at 07:58 PM. Reason: additional information

Thanks

It's fun to play the devils advocate and actually work out ways which NASA could have faked the various scenarios. Though it's quite humours as to what lengths they would have to go to.
    My favourite is actually simulating the vacuum of space. I always figured that it would be impossible for them to fake the lunar dust being kicked up and it falling back to the surface with constant acceleration of ~1.5ms^-1 and not have dust floating around because of an atmosphere.
    But NASA have a very large hanger that they can evacuate most of the air from it.
    They used it for testing the various modules and spacecraft over the years including the LEMs. It's big enough to stage a moon landing inside. Though most of the conspiracy nuts don't even realise the hanger exists. I was most amused when I first read about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    It's fun to play the devils advocate and actually work out ways which NASA could have faked the various scenarios. Though it's quite humours as to what lengths they would have to go to.
    My favourite is actually simulating the vacuum of space. I always figured that it would be impossible for them to fake the lunar dust being kicked up and it falling back to the surface with constant acceleration of ~1.5ms^-1 and not have dust floating around because of an atmosphere.
    But NASA have a very large hanger that they can evacuate most of the air from it.
    They used it for testing the various modules and spacecraft over the years including the LEMs. It's big enough to stage a moon landing inside.
    Though most of the conspiracy nuts don't even realise the hanger exists. I was most amused when I first read about it.
    Trash, wasn't that one eluded to in the movie Capricorn 1?...

Thanks

I can see vehicle tracks on the second photo. The first and fourth are a bit difficult to observe. The third is the most interesting because there is a big hole in front and boulders behind, with no sign of tracks. I can only conclude that the hole was dug by the astronauts, and the vehicle was reversed into that position (you can see tracks between the wheels).
    Last edited by Hillsbysa; 01-01-10 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    Trash, wasn't that one eluded to in the movie Capricorn 1?...
    Dunno, I haven't seen it ?

The memory I have of the hanger is from a documentary, probably something on discovery channel years ago.

Thanks

i think the photographs have a resolution that is way too high for the technology of the day!
    iam a bogan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mate View Post
    i think the photographs have a resolution that is way too high for the technology of the day!
    Most of the photos that you see were taken by the astronauts with a Hasselblad film camera and the photos were developed on their return to Earth, hence the good resolution.

Thanks

All my old 35mm photos from the 70's still look as good as my 4MB jpegs of today

Thanks

i would say it is just the mesh chewing up the dust. the tyres are not normal-

one of those pics look like it was dragged sideways into position. another looks like it may have been lifted there for the sake of a photo angle/position. the whole thing is only 36kg on the moon.

Thanks

The Astronauts from Apollo 17 said, if you ever want to take it for a spin, they left the keys under the seat.

Thanks

The Astronauts from Apollo 17 said, if you ever want to take it for a spin, they left the keys under the seat.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast