Thread: The Invention of Lying (2009) + Trailer Park Boys - Countdown to Liquor Day (2009)

Thanks

Default The Invention of Lying (2009) + Trailer Park Boys - Countdown to Liquor Day (2009)

Imagine if you will, a world were people tell the truth all day, everyday!

That's were the film starts off and we are introduced to the main character of Mark (Ricky Gervais), just your average guy (A bit of a loser!).

During the film, we see Marks ordinary life turn upside down after losing his job. But before it all goes south, Mark invents something that not only saves his lifestyle but changes the world forever.

HE LIES!.

Some very funny scenes in the film, particularly the first date with Anna (Jennifer Garner) which is early in the film. Also Jason Batemates Dr scene had me laughing.

This film reminded me of Monty Pythons Holy Grail, and the line, He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy! when he goes on to tell the world about "The man in the sky"

Cleverly written and directed by Ricky Gervais and great performances by all.

I Really enjoyed this film. and would recommend it.

IMDB Info

IMDB Rating 6.7/10 4,661 votes

---------------------------------------------------------

Trailer Park Boys - Coountdown to Liquor Day

No DVD Image aval

This was enjoyable enough if you like the TV series or the first film. (Which I do)
    For my money it started off with real promise but ultimately never really comes through

I am not sure why its not better than the first film, as this seems to be a more a polished production. Perhaps its because in this film, it appears to be chock full of mini stories about all the characters whereas the first was more about Ricky and Julian which is fine, just seemed to be a little too much.

Worth a watch if you liked the first film

IMDB Info

IMDB Rating 7.6/10 644 votes
    Last edited by z1gg33; 27-12-09 at 02:28 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

the invention of lying is a good watch in my opinion
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of you car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to russell89 For This Useful Post:

z1gg33 (02-01-10)

Thanks

Trailer Park Boys - Countdown to Liquor Day was crap .. watched 30 mins .. poor acting .. shit story line ... just lame
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

sorry posted late last night about 30 seconds before I feel asleep (i did search) and found a link (but did not pay to much attention to where it was, MY bad.)
    anyway too make a correction.

"#rehashing old post. (sorry) been sitting on HDD a while decide to have a look see.

if your into this, they have a extended version of the original called
    "Trailer Park Boys The Bigger And Dirtier Greasy Horror show Edition" which was the first movie.

if your a fan, well worth the watch, you get too see more of the individual characters . which for me is a must have. I liked the original version, but IMHO this is better... why?, just is..

Alternatively if you do not like it, pass big time, you will get zero out of it."

originally mistakenly posted in
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.