Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sellers and buyers take note

Administrator Feedback Score 5 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Sellers and buyers take note

We have been more than generous in our moderating over the last week however enough is enough because we are constantly being ignored when asking people to abide by the rules. So we will now enforce them with the appropriate penalties.

NO feedback posts in threads , use ITRADER on the toolbar.

NO illegal thread bumping.

NO other breaches of the sites rules.

Break the rules and you WILL get an infraction generally worth 3 points ( or more ). Rack up 10 points and your account will be autobanned. Thats end of account , not welcome back. And believe me , it is almost impossible to re register and avoid detection.

So to all who keep breaking rules , you have been warned.

Also , take note , use of the iTRADER system is a condition of use in the BST forum. If you dont leave feedback as you should you may find yourself with no access to the BST forum. Ignorance of the rules is NOT an excuse for breaking them. Should we think you need a refresher ( even though everyone agreed to them about 2 weeks ago ) we will reset your rules status requiring you to re-read them.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

A7 (11-10-10),Arrow (30-08-10),aVAST ye landlubbers (21-02-12),best4less (02-01-10),bigfoot711 (29-03-11),blue (02-01-10),bunyipbilly (17-05-10),comtj (24-01-10),Godzilla (02-01-10),Gregathome (02-01-10),kcsoft (15-03-10),kevin1341 (02-01-10),Luck Duck (17-01-11),MaXiLeeCH (02-01-10),Min (15-08-11),mtv (15-08-11),OSIRUS (02-01-10),PunX0r (02-01-10),russell89 (02-01-10),shagga66 (02-01-10),sikz (02-01-10),skywalkerman (25-07-12),Svenok (02-01-10),tristen (02-01-10),Twoshots (19-03-10),WhiteFalcon (21-01-10),WhiteOx (02-01-10),zanta (06-02-10),zzzzz (02-01-10)

Look Here ->
    Otherwise known as VK4XA Feedback Score 7 (100%) MaXiLeeCH's Avatar
    Thanks

BTW and in passing, how do you know if you have been given an infraction?

TIA
    MaXiLeeCH
    Lord of his ring, keeper of his faith, master of no-one!

Administrator Feedback Score 0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I can show you if you like.

You'll get a PM about it and it will be shown on your profile under 'Infractions'

Member Feedback Score 6 (80%) dartronix's Avatar
    Thanks

"NO PM ( or email ) sent or received posts.'

Could you please explain bit more

Thanks

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dartronix For This Useful Post:

best4less (02-01-10),bigfoot711 (29-03-11),BlackDuck (02-01-10)

Thanks

Explain a bit more?

It means no posts like:

'PM sent'
    'PM me'
    'You have PM'
    'Check your PM box'

Now do you get the idea?

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

ageno2gen1 (02-01-10),Hillsbysa (02-01-10),HoleyGrail (23-05-11)

Member Feedback Score 6 (80%) dartronix's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks WhiteOx Got it

Member Feedback Score 3 (100%)
    Thanks

Just received my slap on the wrist for saying thanks to a member within a post. Apparently this is classed as feedback. Who knew... I'll probably get another infraction for this comment as well as it being deleted by a super moderator. What ever happened to freedom of speech.... Oh well, I've said my bit.

Thanks

Your post won't be deleted but you can have the infraction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by montessa View Post
    What ever happened to freedom of speech.... Oh well, I've said my bit.
    Obviously you have absolutely no idea whatsoever of the site rules. I have reset your account so you can read them again ( even though you agreed to them 2 weeks ago ) and may then have some sort of idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by montessa View Post
    Apparently this is classed as feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by montessa
    Stevez123 is great to deal with.
    Yes , looks like feedback , smells like feedback , is feedback.

Senior Member Feedback Score 25 (100%) Svenok's Avatar
    Thanks

When i first came onto this site, the rules were NO Hidden sales.
    You wanted to buy something from a member you posted a PM on site ("PM Sent Mate")and that allowed everyone to see that there was a negotiation taking place.

This also allowed the MODS to watch and referee if things were a bit dogey.
    I have just RE-read the site BST rules and that is no longer the case, is this because of the crash? New rules were written?
    Please dont get me wrong if this is what you want, and I know the answer is yes I'm for it. I myself have been guilty of sending/posting "PM sent Mate" because of the old rule. I'm going back to i think we were called "CDcopy world"
    As from now I will abide by the new rule.
    "It's Life Jim" But Not As We Know It!

"We come in peace" shoot to kill.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Svenok View Post
    As from now I will abide by the new rule.
    What new rule ? The rules have been pretty much the same for years apart from a minor addon 2 weeks ago ( which doesnt have anything to do with what you have mentioned )

I dont remember ever seeing a rule that says post " Pm'ed you " in the sale forum at any stage.

I would suggest you read ALL the rules , not just the BST forum rules. As has already been stated , ignorance is not an excuse , especially considering the rules are reset and members have to agree to them when they are changed or varied.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Svenok (02-01-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    I think it's the excitement of cheap keys, they're all acting like little kids at christmas.
    As this key situation is now over, I have removed " PM sent " etc from the naughty list in the original post. Although it is one of the most annoying terms people post, fortunately we dont now see it all over the forum due to the end of the key sellers.

But please consider, you do not have to post " PM sent " every time you send someone a PM. They will receive the PM and know about it.

I will add a reminder though that iTrader Feedback is compolsory for any transactions. If you wont use iTrader, you wont use the Buy Sell Trade forum. This is nothing new, just a reminder of a rule we have had for years.

Do not post feedback in threads it will be deleted.

We have a very easy and generous set of rules on this site that arent hard to abide so please do the right thing.

• 23-06-10, 05:19 PM

Reason
    Spam

Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Lomax's Avatar
    Thanks

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one leave iTrader feedback exactly? I've received some from a seller, but can't work out how to leave feedback for them in return, nor can I find any iTrader instructions (only that if I don't leave feedback I'll be in trouble).

Senior Member Feedback Score 5 (100%)
    Thanks

See on the left of your post, where it has your username Lomax?
    Under that, it says Feedback Score 1 reviews, and you have a clickable number 1 (you've had 1 feedback.) I've had 5, so I have a 5 next to my reviews)
    Find a post by the user you want to leave feedback for.
    Click on their reviews number, and it will take you to a page where there will be a link saying "Post feedback for "insert name".

There may be an easier way, but that works for me.
    edit - Crap. There is an easier way.
    Click on the username of who you want to leave feedback for.
    Then click "view public profile", then view full profile, then "Post feedback for "insert name".
    Last edited by aa23; 27-09-10 at 12:05 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aa23 For This Useful Post:

bigfoot711 (29-03-11),Lomax (27-09-10),lsemmens (18-01-12)

Thanks

It seems we need to bump this again :

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity
    We have been more than generous in our moderating over the last week however enough is enough because we are constantly being ignored when asking people to abide by the rules. So we will now enforce them with the appropriate penalties.

NO feedback posts in threads , use ITRADER on the toolbar.

NO illegal thread bumping.

NO other breaches of the sites rules.

Break the rules and you WILL get an infraction generally worth 3 points ( or more ). Rack up 10 points and your account will be autobanned. Thats end of account , not welcome back. And believe me , it is almost impossible to re register and avoid detection.

So to all who keep breaking rules , you have been warned.

Also , take note , use of the iTRADER system is a condition of use in the BST forum. If you dont leave feedback as you should you may find yourself with no access to the BST forum. Ignorance of the rules is NOT an excuse for breaking them. Should we think you need a refresher ( even though everyone agreed to them about 2 weeks ago ) we will reset your rules status requiring you to re-read them.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (14-08-11),mtv (14-08-11)

Senior Member Feedback Score 9 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

What about some rules for sellers? been to many innocent members on this board who have and are being ripped off by dodgy sellers atm

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (14-08-11),toyboy11 (15-08-11)

Administrator Feedback Score 12 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
    What about some rules for sellers? been to many innocent members on this board who have and are being ripped off by dodgy sellers atm
    Unfortunately, there will always be dodgy sellers, no matter where you buy, especially on forums and ebay.

It's simply a case of Buyer Beware.

Do your research, look at the sellers history... and take your chances.

Nobody forces anyone to buy.

It's ultimately the buyer's choice if they decide to purchase or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Unfortunately, there will always be dodgy sellers, no matter where you buy, especially on forums and ebay.

It's simply a case of Buyer Beware.

Do your research, look at the sellers history... and take your chances.

Nobody forces anyone to buy.

It's ultimately the buyer's choice if they decide to purchase or not.
    Exactly. Its the way it has always been and its the way it always will be.

I would suggest the complainer go and read the site rules ( particuarly the BST Rules ) and perhaps aquaint themselves with them. The 2 people who seem to be having issues at the moment dont even have any idea of the persons name, address, phone number or anything else about the person they bought from....who's fault is that ?

I'll even quote it for their benefit from the rules :

Buy , Sell and Trade Rules

1. Use of Austech's Buy Sell and Trade areas are conditional upon your agreeance that the use of our " iTrader " rating system is compulsory and all transactions must be fairly rated at completion. This offers protection to all members , whether they are buying or selling as a way of checking other members behaviour in transactions. Members who buy, sell or trade and do not use the iTrader system will have their BST access removed.
    Last time I looked, neither of the 2 people had bothered to use the feedback system to alert others of a potential problem........despite advice to do so. By rights, we should remove their access (and still may if they dont post negative feedback)

2. Austech's Buy Sell and Trading system operates on the " Buyer Beware " protocol. Simply , the onus is on the buyer to take all due care when dealing with any seller , such as asking for contact details and checking their iTrader rating before the transaction , not after.
    Gee...lets see....what details did they get ?

None. Who's fault is that ?

Theirs and no one elses.

3. Austech takes no part in transactions between members. If you have a dispute with another member over a transaction , it is up to both members to resolve it. Should you suspect foul play , such as fraud , theft or otherwise , contact your local police and make a complaint with them against the offending party. As well as taking no part in your transaction , Austech cannot make a police complaint on your behalf.
    Go and tell the police you got ripped off by someone and that you volunterily gave them money without knowing anything about them whatsoever. There is no point telling us.

We will not provide any members details such as email address or IP addresses unless they are formerly requested by a law enforcement agency. We have in the past made attempts to assist some members who havent even made the most basic of checks as to who they are dealing with, however this will no longer be the case. Remember , BUYER BEWARE is the protocol in which our Buy Sell Trade forum operates on. Do your homework and use our iTrader feedback service.

If you suspect a member of running fraudulant or other dishonest or illegal activities against other members , please contact us via Helpcenter.Note : This does not refer to 2 members having a dispute over a single transaction.
    As above, dont come complaining to us for your own blunders...you made them , you deal with them. The big words Buyer Beware are there yet again.....is it really that hard to understand ?

4. A number of items cannot be sold on Austech. An exact listing is far too comprehensive and would take too much time to construct , so a few major items are listed. If you suspect that the item you are about to list for sale maybe illegal to sell on Austech , contact a Moderator and ask their opinion and they will give you a yes or no answer. Please use a common sense attitude.

Firearms , Alcohol , Tobacco , Drugs whether prescription or illegal , pirated paytv cards , pirated movies , software and games are just some of the major items which cannot be sold. Again , when in doubt , contact a Moderator before listing the item
    Basic commonsense.

5. Members cannot " bump " their advert back to the top of the BST forum more than once in a 24 hour period. Any member who does , or has another member deliberately bump it for them , will find their advert bumped back in the opposite direction.
    More commonsense.

6. Off topic posts in members sales threads can and will be removed. If you think you can purchase the item cheaper somewhere else, that is entirely your perogative to do so but we are not interested in hearing about it in members sales threads. This is known as hijacking and wont be tolerated.
    This will be enforced. I am sick of seeing the same post in BST at the top of the forum because people are sticking there nose in other peoples business. It wont be continuing.

7. Members can offer items in any method they prefer be it sale , auction or other. But please note if you state an " instant " price or a " Buy it now " price, you are obliged to sell it for that price should someone offer to pay it. For that reason you may wish to state " Best offer over " or similar to avoid cutting yourself short.
    More commonsense.

8. The OP ( Original Poster or Thread Starter ) has the appropriate permissions to open and close their own sale thread via " thread tools " ( at the top of the thread ) in the BST forum only. When you have concluded your sale, we recommend you close the thread so other members know the sale is finished. Should your sale fall through for any reason, you can reopen the thread the same way and advise members that it is again up for sale ( as long as it does not break the 24 hour bump rule )
    And more commonsense.

I find it mind boggling that anyone can find something so simple so difficult. I would suggest that if the above is simply too hard or you dont intend to abide by our rules that you do NOT use the BST forum. But we do also have some serial complainers on Austech that moan about just about anything....usually the topic has nothing to do with them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (18-01-12)

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Thanks

Then can I make a suggestion, put a complete stop to buying and selling after all it is a forum for many good things not a sales advertising outlet.
    Problem solved!

• The Following User Says Thank You to toyboy11 For This Useful Post:

Rick (15-08-11)

Administrator Feedback Score 12 (100%)
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy11 View Post
    Then can I make a suggestion, put a complete stop to buying and selling after all it is a forum for many good things not a sales advertising outlet.
    Problem solved!
    The BST forum works perfectly well for those who follow the rules, so I don't see any need for change.

If you don't like how it operates, don't use it.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (28-03-12),puca (15-08-11)

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast