Thread: X Box 360 Error Light E74

Thanks

Unhappy X Box 360 Error Light E74

My son's X Box 360 has an error light (4th light or bottom right when horizontal) which says system error E74. MS said unplug everything and then replug, try again, still same error. I googled E74 and came up with a host of things to try eg wrap in towel?? try another AV cable - didn't work, possible overheating problem?
    Anyone got any idea on how to fix it? Does the box need to be opened? Is there a reputable repairer near Campbelltown NSW (warranty has expired)?
    cheers Bazza

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    My son's X Box 360 has an error light (4th light or bottom right when horizontal) which says system error E74. MS said unplug everything and then replug, try again, still same error. I googled E74 and came up with a host of things to try eg wrap in towel?? try another AV cable - didn't work, possible overheating problem?
    Anyone got any idea on how to fix it? Does the box need to be opened? Is there a reputable repairer near Campbelltown NSW (warranty has expired)?
    cheers Bazza
    you sure its not an intermittent 3RLOD....*wink* *wink*

3 year extended warranty for 3RLOD faults...

Thanks

More than likely related so its not really a fib.

Its all about what language you use when you call, sometimes = they do not have time to try and replicate a "sometimes" 3RL that seems to get worse when the unit is warm.

Sent my personal one in the other day with a "sometimes fault", not sure what they did to it, but they sure turned it around quick (4 days). Had unbroken warranty seal of course, but it came back with the drive still flashed despite me complaining about scratched disks (which WAS TRUE btw circular on some of my backups). Did get one month free xbox live, interestingly they did not replace my motherboard I don't think but I know they at least pulled the drive out because the foil earth path was new, if they did replace the mobo then it does not have the adjunct heat sink on the GPU, can't see any other evidence of their fiddling with it.

Can't say they fixed it because there was nothing really wrong with it, kids are banned from using it presently so seemed like a good time to send it in + plus it stops us from caving from the pitiful pleas for clemence.

Thanks

Thanks guys have organised with MS to fix under warranty, turns out it was in fact an intermittent 3RLOD wink wink

Thanks

Thanks guys have organised with MS to fix under warranty, turns out it was in fact an intermittent 3RLOD wink wink
    I thought so mate, see we know xbox 360's LOL

Thanks

If its faulty, they will definately replace the mobo. They used to swap the drive with a Benq as well, but now they leave the existing drive & marry it to the new mobo....spewing, i was hoping i saw the last of my Hitachi 0047
    PrecisionMods

Thanks

MS fixed it under warranty & only took 3 days - thanks guys

Thanks

MS fixed it under warranty & only took 3 days - thanks guys
    NP's mate