Thread: Mario Kart Wii, Weird online problem, I keep winning..

Thanks

Default Mario Kart Wii, Weird online problem, I keep winning..

Hi All,

I know that the first thing you will think is that Im full of $hit but this is absolutely true and its happening on every race online to me regardless of whether Im playing "Continental" or "Worldwide".

Been playing now online for about 10 months, In the last few days I have noticed that EVERY time I go online, I can be in first place, third place, last place, doesnt matter....I win the race.

I find that the race for me normally goes to about the second lap and regardless of the track or my position in the race, The race will normally end prematurely and shows me as the winner, Or if it goes full length I still am the winner regardless if Im last or wherever.

Even if I finished 3rd or whatever and I get the race win points then it goes onto the next race, Then when I press next race and before it gets up and running for the next race the screen reads "You have been disconnected from the other players" Then i have to reconnect online again to race again.

My new points total (from "winning" the previous race") is tallied to show that I did get the points and then when I join a new race the whole scenario starts over again.

No Im not full of $hit this is 100 percent truth. I have no idea why this is happening, If I use one of my kids characters (Mii,s) and not mine the same thing happens regardless.

This has got me completly tossed, I havent inputted any cheats or anything, I havent updated the firmware and this has been going on for the last few nights, I have NO IDEA why.... Any help appreciated.

Before I get a barrage of "Why mess with this your winning idiot" type replies I am old fashioned and like to earn my points... Call me nuts but thats me.

Thanks all.
    Common Sense isnt Rocket Science.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

LOL wanted to say what ya bitching about.

But is it genuine or a special disk if the later why not try a different copy of the game? If genuine, try another copy if it is the game itself sell it on ebay to make millions
    Engineering Parts for CNC Builds Stepper Motors, Switching Power Supplies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    LOL wanted to say what ya bitching about.

But is it genuine or a special disk if the later why not try a different copy of the game? If genuine, try another copy if it is the game itself sell it on ebay to make millions
    Hi BluRay,

Have tried with both the "other" disc and normal disc and ended up with the same result with either disc, As an experiment this morning I tried it online with two players (being myself and my daughter) using a completely different mii than I normally use, The result was I was running second, my daughter was fourth halfway through the second lap and same result, The race ends prematurely shows the results as my character being first, hers second, We both get the winning points and then up comes "You have been disconnected from the other players again".... Ahhh..... Tried it again three or four times and same thing happened.

For all the world I'd say my connections been hacked or something if that is possible? Im just guessing but the only constants I can see so far is

1) Online play
    2) Normally occurs about halfway through the second lap (but no always)
    3) Doesnt matter which track or character I play with.
    4) Doesnt matter whether is contintal or worldwide.
    5) Doesnt matter whether Im playing singularly or with another.
    6) It always shows "You have been disconnected from the other players" after the race ends.
    7) Problem seems to have recently appeared after I won my first online "star" a week ago after earning it during offline racing.
    8) The race very rarely runs its full distance.

Got me beat, Thanks ...
    Common Sense isnt Rocket Science.

Thanks

I've never played online with the wii but what actually happens when you physically disconnect the internet from the wii before it terminates the connection itself? ie. switch off modem.

Sounds like your just loosing connection and your the only one left in the race. (I would think it would just end the race with connection terminated and no winner)
    Last edited by blue^ray; 04-01-10 at 11:10 AM.
    Engineering Parts for CNC Builds Stepper Motors, Switching Power Supplies

Thanks

I notice sometimes when I am playing and lose connection the same thing happens - I win the race but am disconnected from everyone else. I think this occurs when your machine is hosting the match and you timeout.
    You must keep hosting the matches due to having a good connection speed to some nintendo server somewhere that assigns hosts in the game matchmaking process.
    For me this happens maybe 1 out of 30 or 40 games. You should look at your connection, maybe your modem settings (most likely MTU) or maybe your ISP settings (maybe set to super fast/but less stable)?
    Only Premium Members may advertise in their signatures!

Thanks

sounds like blue_ray is onto something there mate. sounds like your dropping packets and getting disconnected or something. you should check your nets stability.