Thread: Ultraplus F-9000HD PVR - how to setup for connection to newcs server?

Thanks

Default Ultraplus F-9000HD PVR - how to setup for connection to newcs server?

im looking at purchasing a F-9000HD PVR from Ultraplus, but first need to know if it will support connecting to a newcs server, and if so how to set it up? I currently have a dreambox setup with cccam which connects to newcs, im assuming the F-9000HD does not support cccam? Does the F-9000HD also support loading 3rd party images? the same as pli and gemini can be loaded onto the dreambox.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

UltraPlus F-9000 is working with cccam server thru incubuscamd and its stable.....also newcs works with mgcamd......you want be disapointed m8 if you buy that box
    Android TV boxes: Nvidia Shield U Box 4K, Rickomagic 808b, Rickomagic 802
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya
    AZbox Premium , dm8000 , VU+ Duo, Ultra Plus 900 and other none Linux boxes

Thanks

hi thanks for the info, i have just purchased the box. do I have to flash with a 3rd party firmware first? I have tried with mgcamd as a client and connected to my pc running newcs without any luck. I have uploaded mgcamd to /var/bin and chmod to 777, my config files are ok i think, and when i execute mgcamd thru the terminal, mgcamd connects to newcs and i can see the connection in the newcs webinterface, but mgcamd will not decode any channels and will also not send any ecm's to newcs. I have a dreambox dm500s connected to same newcs server and it works perfectly with mgcamd or cccam as a client.

this is what im getting in the terminal of the Ultraplus:

/var/bin # /var/bin/mgcamd
    tuxbox mgcamd v1.33 by mixvt (compiled May 31 2009 19:41:08)
    [mg] Net:1:7:2:5s Show ecm:1, emm:1 Up:5 Au:0 Dir:0 Osd8081:0 Cache:7 Log:0:
    no ip:28007 Reread:4
    /var/bin #

I have disabled the internal cardslot but i dont think that will make much difference as I am connecting to a newcs server over the lan.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

EDIT: Please disregard, I have it working now, found out I had the wrong box type specificed in the mg_cfg config file. I had box type auto detect B: { 00 } have changed to B: { 12 } rebooted the box and re-executed mgcamd from the terminal.
    Last edited by gareth41; 08-01-10 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Got it working

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gareth41 View Post

EDIT: Please disregard, I have it working now, found out I had the wrong box type specificed in the mg_cfg config file. I had box type auto detect B: { 00 } have changed to B: { 12 } rebooted the box and re-executed mgcamd from the terminal.
    Are you sure that it was B: {12} that fixed it and not just restarting mgcamd?

Thanks

yes because i had already tried several times before changing to B: {12}, just trying to figure out how I can have mgcamd execute automatically at startup so I dont have to keep pushing the red button manually each time the box starts up.

Thanks

im now trying to get newcs to read from the internal card slot without any success.

im sure my newcs.xml file is correct, i have done it on a dreambox dm500s no problems at all.

newcs is using /dev/sci0 and is getting an error message:

[ Sci ] Opening device /dev/sci0
    [ Sci ] Could not open device /dev/sci0 [Might be in use by another process?

I have the hidden CAS option off, it appears to me the firmware on the box is opening the device /dev/sci0 at startup (this is the internal cardslot) and there is no way to stop it doing this, not even turning off the card slot using the hidden CAS menu function.

Thanks

/dev/sci0 is the dreambox device name for the first internal slot ..
    maybe this box calls it something else
    have a browse thru the /dev directory look for sci0
    if it aint there .. look for another likely candidate ...
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gareth41 View Post
    im now trying to get newcs to read from the internal card slot without any success.

im sure my newcs.xml file is correct, i have done it on a dreambox dm500s no problems at all.

newcs is using /dev/sci0 and is getting an error message:

[ Sci ] Opening device /dev/sci0
    [ Sci ] Could not open device /dev/sci0 [Might be in use by another process?

I have the hidden CAS option off, it appears to me the firmware on the box is opening the device /dev/sci0 at startup (this is the internal cardslot) and there is no way to stop it doing this, not even turning off the card slot using the hidden CAS menu function.
    why dont you use dm500 as a server and Ultrplus as a client with mgcamd......i dont think at this stage that ultraplus f-9000 can be a newcs server
    Android TV boxes: Nvidia Shield U Box 4K, Rickomagic 808b, Rickomagic 802
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya
    AZbox Premium , dm8000 , VU+ Duo, Ultra Plus 900 and other none Linux boxes

Thanks

ive got an ubuntu box with newcs.x64 as a server now, problem is the F-9000HD network sometimes goes down without warning and i lose pictures, a message then comes up saying "scrambled channel", is this a common fault? i tried pinging the box constantly using "ping 192.168.1.x -t" and when i lost pictures i noticed the windows command would say "request timed out" then shortly after it would work again and i get pictures back.