Thread: The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

Thanks

Default The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

I support anything that has an Aussie connection, so for me I only watched this because Eric Bana was in it.

I did not know the lovely Rachel McAdams was in it! (What I would do to spend 5min's locked in a bed room with her!!) Rachel if you reading, call me.

Anyway,

Look I did not hate this, but I did not think it was great either. I think as far as story goes it was fine. But due to the whole "time travel" thing, the first part of the movie goes about setting up why and how Eric's character does this, which is only needed as later in the film things become slightly more complicated and you are asking yourself if it makes sense.

only to remember it being explained earlier. (I hate this spoon feeding in films)

There are times when the "time travelling" seems to be a little inconsistent. for example. when they get married, he goes right before the ceremony, and returns moments later, whereas other times, he disappears for weeks and hence is the main storyline of her situation and ties into her love for him.

Basically this is a chick flick, with all the trimmings but with a some might say interesting twist (of time travel) even though he never does anything with his ability to travel.

Performances are fine, personally, Rachel holds the film together for me.

I think this is just another "romantic love story" that we have all seen before, so as always if your missus is hassling you about all the films she is missing out on, this is another one you could watch to get back in her good books and not be bored (too much) out of your mind.

Fine film, but nothing outstanding.

edit: Plenty of rear nudity for the ladies. But don't worry lads, We get a quick shot of Rachel (well we'll think its her anyway)

IMDB Info
    ----------------

IMDB Rating 7.2/10 8,828 votes
    Last edited by z1gg33; 08-01-10 at 03:32 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z1gg33 For This Useful Post:

fred121 (09-01-10),slickstu (10-01-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

As they say 3 stars from me

Thanks

I agree with everything you said there, Z1gg. It's a fairly enjoyable romance with an interesting premise (he has a time travel gene - apparently) but one can't help but wonder what could have been done with this material had the script crossed the desk of, say, Nolan or Fincher or maybe even Cronenberg; someone who could do something with such a high concept premise. As it is, the time travel idea is merely a McGuffin to bring one woman's lover in and out of her life involuntarily. And for a time travel story, the narrative is remarkably linear.

Having said that, Bana is solid and #### me if I couldn't just sit there and stare at a picture of Rachel McAdams for two hours.

Worth a look if you're into romantic weepies.

7 out of 10.

Thanks

Yes agree with other comments above, interesting storyline with a little sadness thrown in- i too could happily just watch 2 hours of Rachel