Thread: navman customer support or lack of it.

Thanks

Default navman customer support or lack of it.

bought a navman s80 last november. It is often painfully slow to calculate routes (5 min). I have been trying to get them to change it.
    I called customer support, last tuesday. After 45 min on hold i spoke to someone who wanted me to mail the unit from brisbane to sydney at my expense for them to assess. I said that that was unacceptable as we need the thing for day to day work purposes and why should i pay to freight it if it is faulty. The lady said she would get her "supervisor" to call or email me. That was a week ago. Have heard nothing. On sunday I returned to Hardly Normal where I bought it and demanded a replacement/exchange. this was refused because it was a Sunday and they couldn't check with the distributor. They promised to call me today. they didn't. I went to the navman website. the customer support page won't load. so I left a message on the customer feedback section. No reply. I will never ever buy another thing from these people ever again.
    you are warned.
    cheers
    GM

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I bought my wife a Navman product a couple of years back , biggest waste of money ever. It had a battery life of about 3 minutes , a route calculation time of 10 minutes and ended up dying altogether just out of warranty.

I'm with you , never again.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Navman is gone, Navman is now Navico. At this point in time, you will get no help from Navman. You are better to ring New Zealand.

In repsonse to your post, my friend has a Navman Car navigation GPS, it is slow to pick up sats, but otherwise works ok. Yes it does take some time to calc routes.
    In saying this, all the Navman Marine GPS units i've used have been great and are considered the market leader. Strange their car units are so bad?

Thanks

I thought Mio just got into bed with Navman because IGO dumped Mio

Thanks

I Brought a Navman S80 late last year and am extremely happy with it

But I did have some trouble setting the text to speech to work and emailed customer support and never got a reply.
    I worked it out eventually on my own.

Thanks

Default finally got some sense

eventually someone from navman called me.
    i basically had to wipe the unit and reinstall all the operating system from scratch. What a difference! it is like a new machine.
    What frustrates me is that if they knew there was a problem, why didn't they recall the units, reinstall the software before selling them!!
    Plus the time I had to waste to sort it out, not to mention the stress of yelling at the guy at HN.
    How many people are out there putting up with a crap opearting device, when GPS happiness is but a software reinstall away?
    cheers
    GM

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Groove
    I have the s80 also, and like yours, it has periods where it takes ages to calculate. It also sometimes tries to send me on a course where I know I can continue straight ahead. Navman support? What support! I have treid to register it many times, because once registered, you can lock the unit with a serial number. The registering process was tedious and I didn't receive any feedback whether it was now in fact registered. I email Navman with no luck. Their motto is "once we have your money, PISS OFF". What's the procedure for reloading the operating system?
    Cheers

Thanks

Default navman SP1

Keith,
    the details of the service pack are here for download

instructions on how to install are included.
    Good Luck
    It's well worth it!
    GM

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Thanks mate
    Cheers