Thread: satellites.xml

Thanks

Default satellites.xml

Can someone give me a link to a current satellites.xml file for the Asia-Pacific region ? The one I have still has B1 and B3 on it !

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If you don't find what your looking for some images still let you create your own sat.xml file

Thanks

Tried the xmlloader but that does not seem to change the satellites.xml file

Banned
    Thanks

Hi

B3 was replaced by D2 and B3 has been moved behind B1 as a backup as it has L band for Optus MobileSat.

B3 is now at 164E

I don't delieve there are any KU TP operating from it now.

Should I perform a blind scan. Is there something out there?

I know I have a copy of a old image that still has the TP's if you realy need it.

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsbysa View Post
    Can someone give me a link to a current satellites.xml file for the Asia-Pacific region ? The one I have still has B1 and B3 on it !
    do a search on here and it amazing what you will find

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

1. Make it
    2. Put an image on that has it, then just copy that one
    3. Download it, as jonc says, it's here and many other places for that matter
    4. Put Gemini on and download it with a push of a couple of buttons

You can't get any easier than that

Thanks

OK, I have an up to date satellites.xml. Now which directory does it go in ? I assume I then Chmod to 755 and then reboot.
    If I installed channels under B1 and that now becomes D1 in the new xml, does that create a problem - do I need to rescan under the new satellite name ?
    Dumb questions I know, but I get wiser with each one

Thanks

OK, I have an up to date satellites.xml. Now which directory does it go in ? I assume I then Chmod to 755 and then reboot.
    If I installed channels under B1 and that now becomes D1 in the new xml, does that create a problem - do I need to rescan under the new satellite name ?
    Dumb questions I know, but I get wiser with each one
    satellites.xml resides in /var/etc/ no need to Chmod

Thanks

Hmm, intersting - I have one set of satellites under "Transponder Edit" amd another under "Satellite Configuration". How do you get them both the same ?

Thanks

I found that I can modify the satellite configuration from the latest satellite.xml file but have to rescan when I delete B1 and replace with D1 for example.

Premium Member
    Thanks

You need to read and learn.....

Thanks

Thanks oceanboy m8, yes I did read your instructions. However I started off with an outdated xml file and prefer not to re-flash to solve the problem.

I was hoping someone could tell me which file is accessed when you select "Satellite Configuration". It seems the satellite information is initially copied from the satellites.xml file and then stored in another file. If you update the satellites.xml file it does not change the satellites on the Satellite Configuration page. For example, I have B1 and B3 still there even though the new xml file has D1 and D2.

Thanks

Thanks oceanboy m8, yes I did read your instructions. However I started off with an outdated xml file and prefer not to re-flash to solve the problem.

I was hoping someone could tell me which file is accessed when you select "Satellite Configuration". It seems the satellite information is initially copied from the satellites.xml file and then stored in another file. If you update the satellites.xml file it does not change the satellites on the Satellite Configuration page. For example, I have B1 and B3 still there even though the new xml file has D1 and D2.
    so change the config page to reflect what is in your satellite.xml file (press the help button while you do it, depending on the image you are using there is some built in help)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I was not referring to what I’d said. But I do mean about the Dreambox in general, including Linux, file editing and FTPing. What you are asking makes little sense to us, as it is not a well constructed question. Which is no fault of your own, only that it shows a very limited understanding of the Dreambox. Now everyone has to start somewhere, and that’s great..... No problem there.

But all the answers are here, you just need to do some MORE reading to understand those answers

Not having a go at you, but seriously, how can we help you when you seem to be having trouble helping yourself?

At the end of the day, if it all too hard, just sit done with lygnsat open in front of you, a can of ya favourate drink and the Dreambox remote. Even a someone with no experience can do that

Thanks

Thanks oceanboy. So what you are saying is - don't ask any questions, just search forums for the answers. I kinda did that, but could not find the answer. I didn't think my question was that difficult to understand

Thanks

Thanks oceanboy. So what you are saying is - don't ask any questions, just search forums for the answers. I kinda did that, but could not find the answer. I didn't think my question was that difficult to understand
    A mini how to in this message found with the search function (man not saying you are lazy but, hey I am happy to be your remote for a few minutes)

Another one

(looks like I removed the file in the attached link on the last web upgrade this week, but it is in the message board on jsat somewhere)

and the list goes on and one ..

and you have the answers above re the existing file and the new satellites.xml.

Thanks

Thanks jonc m8. I did spot those threads (and they are good ones), but they did not answer the question I am asking.

The question I have is - which file does the "satellite configuration" page access ? You can update it from the satellites.xml file, but where is the information stored, and can it be edited directly?

Cheers.

Thanks

Thanks jonc m8. I did spot those threads (and they are good ones), but they did not answer the question I am asking.

The question I have is - which file does the "satellite configuration" page access ? You can update it from the satellites.xml file, but where is the information stored, and can it be edited directly?

Cheers.
    the answer is -

/var/etc/satellites.xml for the satellites
    /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config for the lnbs etc (but I suggest you never ever edit this by hand, but up to you)
    /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ for the bouquets / channesl etc but all controlled by /var/etc/satellites.xml

Thanks

Thanks jonc, had a look at /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config and that is the one. I had updated the satellite configuration page, but the satellites are not displayed in a logical order. I was hoping to be able to sort them, but playing with this file looks a bit scary
    Last edited by Hillsbysa; 16-03-08 at 01:16 PM.