Thread: selecttv wont decrypt last month

Thanks

Default selecttv wont decrypt last month

Has anyone had their selectv cards stop working in their dreambox with CCcam 2.0.4 and newcs 1.18? For reasons unknown this happened to me about a month ago and I have not been able to solve it. This is what I have tried:

1) tried backed up previously working images of pli lolite and the older gemini select image from z80. No change. Both images were backed up from this box in a working state.

2) I can receive the FTA splash screen, EPG and get valid looking data in stream info, but considered that maybe my LNB was failing and signal was somehow borderline. New sharp LNB arrived today with lo 11700, reconfigured to suit, same issues remain.

Any ides what else could it be? Did anyone else with similar setup encounter this problem about a month ago? Im not sure if I am looking at a hardware issue or if the stream has changed and caused a software issue that did not previously exist. Maybe my cards broken, although it reports valid looking details to newcs? Have also noticed on 1 or two occiasions I have turned on the tv and seen a frozen decoded half trashed frame, which supported the signal quality theory.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I use mine in a relook card slot with newcs 1.13 and CCcam 2.01 , rarely ever misses a beat .
    When I go away I always switch the box off so if the card takes to long time to start up I call select and re-activate it.
    Sounds like all you need to do is re-activate the card .

Thanks

Use Scam 3.29a, works great for me

Thanks

thanks for the confirmation that it should work. I dusted off my old uec 720, called select and re-activated my card. Bang, pics and its working. Then put the card back in the dreambox and no pics... followed by about the 3rd hard lockup this morning. Back in the uec and all is good again. Looks like my "good" dm500 clone has bit the dust after not even 6 months, and the 7 or 8 year old uec lives on. damn. dream was a lot nicer.

Thanks

antus, maybe worth a pm to z80, you could be suffering a tuner fault or similar, my understanding is he has some tuners on the way. Is you LNB earthed? Failure to do this has resulted in the failure of many dreams both original and clone!