Thread: Destinator maps for malaysia

Thanks

Default Destinator maps for malaysia

Anyone know if there are Destinator maps available for Malaysia?

Luck Duck

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default One things the Malaysians do better than most

Greetings,

Haven't been around these parts for many a year. (shame I can not retrieve previous account ).

The one thing that Malaysians do better than almost anybody else on the planet is GPS mapping.

For years the local GPS heads were aching to get some decent GPS mapping software for their country, but as demand was so low, none of the big companies were interested.

Creative and crafty little devils decided that they would rip off the proprietary system that they were easiestly able to acquire, Garmin. Along with a good deal of inspiration from Aussie who had been in a similar predicament years before, who developed OziExplorer.

These guys are absolutely fanatical when it comes to mapping every single inch of their country.

Check out malsingmaps.com for the most accurate maps that you will find for an entire country. The most recent maps April 08 are not all available for all of the country without contributing to their forums but the July 07 maps are.

These maps are pretty damn fantastic and should be able to be used on most systems.

I do not know why I did not get this sorted as soon as I was posted here last year. What I do know is that these maps coupled with my NokiaE51 and an elcheapo Holux GPS have taught me more in the last fortnight than I worked out for myself in the last 12 months.

Enjoy,

atom