Thread: Toshiba F3507g 3G and Win 7 problems

Thanks

Default Toshiba F3507g 3G and Win 7 problems

I hope people here will be able to help me with this little problem.
    The story is I bought Toshiba NB200 netbook which has 3G modem in-built. The netbook comes with windows XP. Everything works fine including TPG 3G broadband connection using my son's phone sim card.
    I decided to upgrade the OS to Win7. The win install went pretty well, I found all drivers except the F3507g modem. Eventually after reading multiple posts I found the drivers for the modem on one of the European sites. I installed them allright, windows recognised the modem it's just when I try to use the 3G connection the modem doesn't recognise the sim card.
    I suspect the European drivers might set the modem for a different sim card type.
    Can anyone suggest a solution for the problem, I really would like to use Win 7 as it works much faster compare to XP.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have a read here, will give you some insight how it works

Hope that helps

• The Following User Says Thank You to joezep For This Useful Post:

fromaron (04-02-10)

Thanks

Thank you, joezep for reply.
    I saw this site before. People were reporting some problemsfollowing the procedure. Anyway the drivers I got from Toshiba are basically the same drivers released by Lenovo as they are both in fact from Ericson.
    I managed to get my sim card recognised now by un-installing all drivers and installing them back in a different order: first power rf driver and then the modem drivers. My sim card now is visible, but I still have problems. When I try to connect, it says "connecting" for a second and then disconnects.
    I will try drivers for Vista or maybe for XP and see if that will help.

Thanks

Sorry i can't give any more advice and hope you get it going

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joezep View Post
    Sorry i can't give any more advice and hope you get it going
    I just did .

SUCCESS !!!!
    I am really happy now.
    Yes, it perfectly works for me using Toshiba NB200 PLL25 under windows 7 as well as under XP.
    Assuming Windows 7 is installed with all Toshiba NB200 drivers - I highly recomend downloading and running Toshiba Windows Assistant.
    Check all your devices (except F3507g modem working) including Fn -F8 etc (Value added pack is required).
    For people who still experiencing problems here is the procedure to have the 3g modem working:
    1. Download the latest Toshiba mobile modem driver; wireless manager and 3g RF Power control utility.
    2. If you had previously drivers installed, run the new driver installation file and select remove option. This way all F3507g drivers will be uninstalled and removed. You should see the F3507g mobile broadband device in unknown devices list with yellow exclamation mark.
    3. Restart your netbook.
    4. Install the 3g RF Power control utility.
    5. Restart you netbook (I did it just in case - no harm).
    6. Install the modem drivers.
    7. Restart your netbook.
    8. Check in device manager - the modem is recognised in few locations different drivers.
    9. Install the Toshiba wireless manager, run it.
    10. Very IMPORTANT step. Go to the settings - advanced - Profiles Tab. For whatever reason under Windows 7 the wireless manager doesn't recognise service providers others then main cariers. For example I have TPG card which uses Optus network and still under profile I have only Optus entries including Optus APN which is "connect". I created a new profile, named it TPG and entered TPG's APN which is "internet" (without quotes). Don't forget to save the newly created profile and select it. Click Aply and then Close button.
    11. Go back to connection, click connect and you will be connected straight away.

I hope that will help others to get online.

Happy surfing .

Thanks

Well done and posted the steps to which will help others

Thanks

Default f3507g with Windows XP

Fromaron,

I have problem connecting to 3G three services with the same netbook NB200 PLL25 under windowsXP. I found this forum and try to follow your steps, but i want to know what is the name of the modem driver you are using? My laptop is still using the default f3507g mobile broadband device, and i am not sure what i should replace it with. I really want to connect to the internet.

Thank you

Thanks

With XP I didn't have any problems, use Toshiba provided set of drivers, don't change them.
    The driver set for windows 7 I am using will not be suitable for XP at all. If you want some help there, just try to describe step-by-step (even if you think the step is not important) everything you do to connect starting from the manager.

More reading here
    Last edited by fromaron; 09-03-10 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added link

Thanks

Fromaron,

Thank you for your reply, I am using 3 mobile broadband as ISP. Here are the steps i took:

1. Put in the SIMcard
    2. open Toshiba Wireless Manager 5
    3. Create a new connection profile
    4. Fill in the properties of the profile:
    name: 3mobileBroadband
    APN: 3netaccess
    username : (blank)
    password : (blank)
    5. Connect to this profile

The connection failed. I tried to connect through wirelessRas and dialed *99#, but an error came out saying the modem is already in use, or wrong configuration.

is there anything i miss out? Thank you

Thanks

Do you want to try 3services as APN?

Thanks

Yes, i did try 3services as APN, and it's not giving any result. I am pretty sure the APN should be 3netaccess because some friends of mine are using 3 broadband with the USB modem, and the APN in the setting is 3netaccess.

Thanks

It looks like something didn't install correctly. Running Device Manager confirm no exclamation marks (I am almost sure you've done that bit). Try to use the card in a mobile phone to confirm the sim itself (maybe it has to be activated first?).
    Download all drivers from the Toshiba site, there should be few files available for download and reinstall them (removing old installations first).
    Pitty you don't have Windows 7 installed otherwise you could have try the windows connection manager, bypassing the Toshiba manager altogether.
    Once again, when I got my netbook which came with XP installed the connection worked flawlessly first time I tried. I even didn't have to manualy create profile - auto detection worked straight away (TPG and exetel cards - Optus network). Actually try to use auto profile instead of manual configuration, who knows that might be all you need?

When removing old drivers, check different areas as the modem hardware appears everywhere.
    Last edited by fromaron; 15-03-10 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks

Thanks fromanon,

it seems it doesn't have auto profile for 3 as ISP. I am not sure what's wrong, and i did try downloading toshiba WWAN connection manager, but it can't detect the wireless device in my laptop hence autoshut the manager everytime i run it...

Thanks

The toshiba connection manager is not everything you need. I think you need to get at least 3 or 4 files downloaded, including the manager software in order to use the modem.
    What you can try to do is to look for the toshiba installation assistant or something like that. That little thing does good job by getting the right stuff for your OS/Hardware combination. I don't know, pays to give it a try.
    BTW, where do you live? If close I might be able to try my hard drive on your netbook.